Are you offering Wood Floor cleaning?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i do not out of plain ignorance & fear. i've read that some ppl use their OP machine with good success. i am just too chicken to try new things like that TBH.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I use the bridgepoint system. It is pretty easy to do. I get $1 psf. If they do not like the price, I turn down the job. I would rather clean carpet than stand around waiting for floor finish to dry.
They might have a video that can be posted.
I would like to try different processes if anyone can post about them.

Mikey P

Administrator
I just scored one of these from Jon Don

d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiS3AZ8_9wcd]

d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiS3AZ8_9wcd]

Got to love an up sell this quick and easy to perform.

Should have no problem getting .50 a foot for clean only.

I'll use it on my dirty wood floors and shoot some video

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i havent yet, due to not knowign a good product to put on.....and i aint putting the RX for wood crap on either......though some people have said they have good luck with basic coatings stuff....so i am going to check them out....

you should be able to use a cimex, or 175 or jiggler then mop up or rinse with geko or turbo at lowwwww psi...fan dry and away you go....

Now a full sand down....hellll no.....thats a whole other set of tools

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I used the RX products for about 4 yrs. Been using the Basic Coatings product for about a yr. I like Basic. I use a rotary for preping. I don't do enough of it to justify buying a Dirt Dragon although I should be pushing it more than I do. If the floor is not beat up too much, cleaning and finishing with Basics finish that comes in the little squirt bottle is quick and easy. About $1.25 p/ft. About $2 p/ft. for Tycote and poly coat.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mikey P said:
I just scored one of these from Jon Don

r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiS3AZ8_9wcr]

r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiS3AZ8_9wcr]

Got to love an up sell this quick and easy to perform.

Should have no problem getting .50 a foot for clean only.

I'll use it on my dirty wood floors and shoot some video

Now....can this double as a T&G pre-cleaner before rinsing T&G? Can the brushes reach down into the grout lines?

T

TomKing

Awesome little machine.

We have been using the Squeaky that Jon Don sells for about 6 months as a deep cleaning only. We charge $25 for up to 300sf. My wife started this as an up sell with our techs.

I was very skeptical. The techs and my wife where telling me how great and easy it was. They just wipe it on with a flat applicator pad.

I sent my son over to do my parents carpets when they where on vacation 3 weeks ago and he did the hard woods also. My Mom called me all excited on how great it looked. I went over to look and everyone was right.

This is a great up sell. We have no plans to get into refinishing. I have a local guy I recomend for that.

dgargan

We have been doing it for 3 years or so. Started with the Laminator Plus system then switched to using Bona Kemi. We also do the scrub and recoat with the Bridgepoint finish.
Not thrilled with BP but it is an easy product to use. We're about to try Basic products

I see no need for that wood machine. We scrub with a rotary and extract with the TM using the Geko wand with 14inch head. This service has been a gold mine for us. I got into it because we were tired of cleaning just bed room carpets. Thats all we see these days. Mostly hardwoods and laminate in all main living areas.

One thing that has a learning curve is people that used Orange Glow or other similar product get a nasty build up and it's tough to remove. We got real good at this and made a ton of money from all those Orange users.

Mikey P

Administrator
How are you getting the Orange Glow off?

I always worry about using a 175 and scratching the wood.

and I HATE using those Gecko style wands.

This machines looks like fun and I believe the homeowner will pay more then if I just just use my carpet "stuff"

Billy

Name
BH
Mikey P said:
This machines looks like fun and I believe the homeowner will pay more then if I just just use my carpet "stuff"

We may be interested in this machine, It does look interesting.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
shouldn't both sides of the cleaning head come out a few inches, instead of only the right side of it ?

dgargan

To help remove orange glow add about 4 oz of ammonia to your cleaner and use a red scrubbing pad on your rotary. You don't have to worry about scratching the wood floor. Once you get over the fear of cleaning wood you'll be amazed how easy it is. Unless you do something real stupid you won't scratch or ruin a wood floor.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We do a lot of hardwood floor screening and re-coating. Depends on the floor condition though. Sometimes we will just apply a hardwood floor cleaner and use the 175 swing machine with red pad. We will clean it up with microfiber mop pads until we squeeze no dirty water. If the floors are a little more beat up, I will use a 220 grit with the floor machine followed by our backpack vacuum. Then we use tack paper to clean the floors and move onto the finish application. We apply nanoshield among others with great success. We're charging $3 per SF for this process and making some big $$$.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
:shock: 3 bucks???? Holy crap, I almost felt guilty charging $1.50 for the job I did yesterday. I made $700, after costs for 5 hours, mostly standing around waiting for a coat to dry. I need some of them custys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom