Are you really paperless?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm trying just not seeing how it works with with old timers and businesses who want a hard copy...

" No I can't leave you anything to submit to accounting because we're Green now so let me email an invoice to your book keeper who still uses an abacus..

Please explain your method..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Nope....too many around here too old school....well anyone above the age of 30 years of age it seems....

And terrible data service in a lot of areas, so I lot of times, I still need to just create a copy of a receipt on site....

Or get home and mail....or email...if they use their email well enough....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
About 3/4 commercial invoices are emailed now. Depends if i send them to contact person or accounting, if accounting directly i just mail it.
Plus put a please confirm, if they dont confirm i couple days then it is mailed.

I push all commercial customers to email, most like it anyway. Also have this cool app that stores all email history of each contact in crm.
Avoids a lot of "confusion" once people realize that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We snail mail most carpet invoices, corporate we email. Insurance most are emailed and documents & photos are on Google drive for viewing.

We are moving towards ipads and wireless thermal images.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
In California You Must provide a paper copy IF the custy wants one.
Most of the time we just provide an electronic copy. We do use a paper copy for "In Plant" rug cleaning because it helps track progress better.

Dave Rampage

Mike,

We print blank work orders and have them in a binder in the trucks. If we get an old customer that wants a paper receipt we write one up real quick. Most people are good with us emailing the receipt

F

FB7777

I'm a fossil, we use printed invoices and then end of day , enter the info into our software

Just started using Square on a regular basis , but would rather still be a check or cash operation

My kid can get the business into the new millennium when I hand him the keys in 7 years

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
We are completely paperless. Housecall pro with QB. we will mail any copies needed, but all clients so far have had no problem with emails

Reactions: Mikey P

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
90% paperless in my carpet cleaning business. we carry mobile eftpos so those that pay that way get a stub as a receipt. Those that still pay with cash get a small tear out recipt from our paper book but they are few and far between.

The vast majority of invoices and statements all go out electronically.

Pretty rare to pull out the envelopes to send something now.

John

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
The USPS is helping drive us all to paperless.

Local mail that used to be next day now makes a 300 mile detour to a sorting facility in Indiana, adding several days.

Since that change we've had several take a month to arrive. The post office is aware of these issues.

Thus they recently removed the DATE from their postmark.

Reactions: Connor and Mikey P

steve_64

Went to the chiropractor today. He said uncle sam is running things now at his office thanks to the affordable health care act. Everything is digital now no paper files or billing.

He said they use more paper now than ever.

Me? Very little is done electronicly. It takes too much time.

I write an invoice customers get a copy the other gets filed. KISS

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think I cleaned for @ 3 customers last YEAR that didn't have an email address. Mel tells everyone "We are a paperless company ". Everyone loves it...except 3.

We mailed those 3 their invoices.

We are in a pretty "progressive" environment between Ames (ISU) and Des Moines.

Back
Top Bottom