Are you replacing carpet or not !!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Had a job this morning .. old man says the carpet is 8 yrs old .. he didnt like the last cleaning and didnt like how fast the carpet got dirty .. so he says,"We want a good job because we want these carpets to last - blah blah blah .. " so Im thinking what a great time to offer protective coating .. so I offer then he says, "Oh no were planning on replacing the carpet within the next year so I dont think so." Im thinking to myself - does he not remember what he just said to me a few sentences ago .. then proceeds to write the check before I even start ..

steve_64

i think of how many times i say stupid stuff like that lol.

i hate being judgemental since im so guilty of all that i see in others.

i might have teased him about his comment though too. i like doing that to some folks.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I wanted to remind him of what he said but I didn't want to offend,embarrass or intimidate him ..

that was the smart thing to do
1825643884_463px_Symbol_thumbs_upsvg_answer_1_small.png

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I wanted to remind him of what he said but I didn't want to offend,embarrass or intimidate him ..

It depends in how you say it. I would have said "I'm pretty sure I can get it clean enough to last a year, then we can look at it again and see if you still want to replace it".

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Reactions: Dolly Llama

steve_64

aww hek, that takes any fun we can have out of the job. i like messing with the people i work for just to keep things interesting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom