Are You Using One ???

lesterj2

Door Guard:
I was thinking about getting a Door Guard are they really worth the money.

cadgeazz8.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Have thought about it but haven't bought one yet, probably souldn't be the first thing on your "to buy list". I would get a glide before that.

lesterj2

Able 1 said:
Have thought about it but haven't bought one yet, probably souldn't be the first thing on your "to buy list". I would get a glide before that.
Oh believe me thats on my Wish List also... But my and really slides easily... I guess after a while they start sticking and i would need a glide...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Have had one since my first month in business,22 years now.

Mine as stated in ics archives is modified.Longer,with pockets in the inner flap for biz cards,a hole for hoses in lower bottom.Wider sides for better coverage.Greenies, door stop on a lanyard for better security .If you do not carry that doorstop consider it.Worth every penny.

Another item is to be possible wet floor sign laminated also...Mine is the Bane version which is naugahyde,that rare critter seldom seen...

Elastic straps are thicker also.But there are a few minor pockets for a electric adapter,hose hook,etc,also.

My cards are different colors per specialties so it look neat...

I am thinking of making one in black ,the blue looks somewaht faded after 22 years...

But the version shown is quite good as it is,but you know me.I tweak everyting...

lesterj2

Caesar said:
Have had one since my first month in business,22 years now.

Mine as stated in ics archives is modified.Longer,with pockets in the inner flap for biz cards,a hole for hoses in lower bottom.Wider sides for better coverage.Greenies, door stop on a lanyard for better security .If you do not carry that doorstop consider it.Worth every penny.

Another item is to be possible wet floor sign laminated also...Mine is the Bane version which is naugahyde,that rare critter seldom seen...

Elastic straps are thicker also.But there are a few minor pockets for a electric adapter,hose hook,etc,also.

My cards are different colors per specialties so it look neat...

I am thinking of making one in black ,the blue looks somewaht faded after 22 years...

But the version shown is quite good as it is,but you know me.I tweak everyting...
would you just so happen to have a pic of yours sounds interesting...

John Watson

Till this spring we always carried ours on the truck, would use 2-3 times a year. Left side door open one weekend after we brought our daughters cat home to live with us. When we went to use the truck on Monday It reaked of cat piss. Monday afternoon I found the culprit, I could see the piss stains on the blue bag that was stored behind our vac hose reel on the waste tank. Into a plastic garbage bag it went and is still there.
I was about ready to fix the cat when I saw the neighbors male cat sneak up and go into the van while I was draining the tanks. Sucker was marking it's territory.

PS My dog, Rufus (The one I usta have) killed my daughters cat.

Name
I'm Rick James
You should get one when you can afford it. There are many other things that would come before that. This is a service industry, so any little thing you can do to make your service seem first class is always a good thing. Look at most high prices hotels, its the little things that make you remeber them, like the customer service and all that comes with it.

This job is 80% customer service and 20% cleaning. The shoe cover just add to your professional image along with a good uniform and a clean van. Get corner guards too, it shows respect and the custy DO pick up on the little things and that is when they tell there friends and family. Cleaning the carpets is the easy part making them a cheerleader takes a little more work.

:mrgreen:

Greenie

"My wand is easy to push."

I did say it was an economy wand, and you have only pushed it on one type of carpet, it's a long road.

Actually I'd save my glide money if you don't mind the work, and save for a premium wand.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I use a door protector all the time in the colder days and all the time in the very hot days

tim

I have one, cant use it alot because it is too short. I want the new one that is longer and I definitely need a bigger door stop. That wimpy thing that is attached to those would only work on a trailer home! Definitely shows "care and concern", keeps the bugs and elements out, but the biggest advantage is it keeps pets from getting out. Nothing like losing "fluffy" to put a bad taste in the customers mouth. Steve T. would call this a "negative moment of truth"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tim said:
I definitely need a bigger door stop. That wimpy thing that is attached to those would only work on a trailer home! "

use a furniture block. That's what we do when the dr stop provided isn't tall enough
you always have them with you (if you move and tab/block furniture)

Turn them on end, and they'll jam under the highest door gaps

..L.T.A.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hot and cold weather...the real good clients,the kind you want,appreciate the concern.
Patrick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom