Area rug-dog poop

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I picked up a 8x10 poly area rug that had a dog poop all over it. Another cc tried to clean it but didn't do good. It seems he has spread poop smell thru the whole rug. I tried quat a lot and fresh air dd and it still smells. Then tried fresh scent odorcide and still smells. Any help would be appreciated.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Are you sure it's the dog poop that made it smell so badly or is there cheap latex in the backing that stinks (common) especially after it was dampened by cleaning?

Betcha anything it's one of those Pottery Barn rugs with the nasty latex. If so, there is nothing to do but pitch it because it's not worth re-backing/laminating it.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron K

If it is "poly" and it is not a Latex backed rug you should be able to soak the rug and wash all the "poop" out of it and then IF needed you could use your preferred deodorizer/sanitizer. We use di-chlor.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree that if this is a woven rug rather than tufted, it should be submersion cleaned in a wash pit. Wool Medic for urine and feces in wool works on poly rugs as well.

For a poly you could also use an enzyme and let it work for several hours.

Lyman said:
I picked up a 8x10 poly area rug that had a dog poop all over it. Another cc tried to clean it but didn't do good. It seems he has spread poop smell thru the whole rug. I tried quat a lot and fresh air dd and it still smells. Then tried fresh scent odorcide and still smells. Any help would be appreciated.

Clean the rug, then mix 4oz of 0-2 pre-spray with 4oz of Quat-A-Lot spray heavy and keep it wet for 30 min.

then reclean!

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
If it is "poly" and it is not a Latex backed rug you should be able to soak the rug and wash all the "poop" out of it and then IF needed you could use your preferred deodorizer/sanitizer. We use di-chlor.

Where did you first hear about the use of di-chlor? What parts per million is your dilution?

Back
Top Bottom