Area rug pricing

GRHeacock

Partly depends on the rug, it's material and construction, and condition.

More for filthy, less for fairly clean to begin.

More for expensive rugs, less for cheap ones.

More for a fringed rug, less for one without a fringe.

A badly soiled silk rug might run $5.00 a sq ft. A not too bad olefin might be 50 cents a sq ft.

Llama skin that needed a lot of re- stitching on the back- Could be $10.00 a sq ft.

Lots of variables.

Gary

-JB-

Name
JB
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET!

chinese.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist.

John Watson

We pick up which includes roll up if needed and moving furniture to clear, process in our mini-plant (or if I am to lazy or tired Run them down to my Seattle plant DA Burns) Deliver and roll out if requested for $3.50 sq ft on wool rugs, Synthetics run between $1.95 and 3.50. silks are at $6.00 sq ft. Taking 17 rugs to Seattle in the morning, 5 Silk.

SunClean

$1 a square foot for Hosting area rugs on premises. If I bring it to the plant and return it it's $3 psf. I'm new at this but it seems to work out well for both parties.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
About $1.25 per sq ft for handknotted/woven, non-silks, picked up and delivered~ but almost 90% are dropped off at one of our 4 drop off centers for substantial discount.

Silks are $3.00 and machine made rugs about $0.90-$1.00 a sq ft. We will wash between 31,000-33,000 rugs this year. We also repair/restore thousand of rugs a year and offer specialty stain removal/color repair and a host of topical treatment options.

We recently became able to repair rugs that previously would have cost too much to repair in the US. We have a subcontract relationship with a company in Egypt and since the inception of this relationship have sent over 100 rugs for expert restoration at a tiny fraction of the cost to do here. This us the ability to salvage rugs for our customers that otherwise would be virtually worthless due to severe damage, costing far less than the restored value to do it.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes I have been there, and the person who is the actual subcontractor is there right now. He goes 1-2 times a year. We've been working with them in Egypt for almost 15 years. Through the late 80's and into the early 200's we had a manufacturing operation in Egypt employing 400-500 weavers making rugs exclusively for us. When we discontinued this operation we still had the relationships & contacts.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom