Aren't you just sealing in the dirt?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have lost protector sales to that question. The thrust of it is (Before the cleaning) they ask what if the carpet doesn't look brand new, wouldn't you just be sealing in the dirt and making it impossible to ever get out? Usually they are gone by the end of the cleaning and I don't get a chance to ask them again about protector, or they say no or something.

What can I say next time I get asked this question?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if the carpet doesn't look brand new? You should be able to tell them what the carpet will look like when your done. and you should be getting most of the dirt out

Preinspection, you should be able to see pile distortion tread wear etc etc. Point it out to them and say it maynot look brand new but here are the issue you will have and without the protector it is going to speed up the decline of your carpet. it will also help you get out more particulate soil during vacuuming which will decrease the scratching of the fiber coating while helping if little billy has a spill it will bead up for easier clean up

Are you not cleaning the carpet before applying protector? The soil should be removed or is you having a problem with incomplete soil removal?

I always say soil in the fiber will be gone and wear is permanent.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I knew I better be careful posting a question like this....

I guess it is a pre-inspection problem. Carpets look great 99% of the time. It's just an objection. I don't want to tell them the carpet is going to look brand new, especially if it is trashed. Some things they think are dirt is actually wear. And if they only vacuum bi-annually, I don't care how good of a vacuum I bring (Only a dyson for now) I am not going to be able to vacuum out all of the dirt before I clean. I have pulled up carpet and pad and swept a room... There was 2 five gallon buckets of dirt recovered. A vacuum will never get that out.

It's not that I leave carpets shoddy, I am just caught off guard and don't know how to respond when I get this objection. I don't just want to say, "Won't be anything left behind" and then have them point out the cigarette burn, the part that the dog chewed a hole in and the bleach stain and say I broke my promise.

That's what it is... it's a pre-inspection problem. I just need a snappy comeback....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
which white magic do you have? 90% of the carpets I touch have no defects and are just soiled but the ones that are rough clean up real well, to make an impression I would love to clean dirty carpet because the difference is huge. To make money I like cleaning clean carpet.

Inspect and be honest under promise and over deliver. I did a couch and loveseat today that was trashed but I had cleaned one similar a few weeks ago so I knew it was going to be new when I was done. I walk them through inspection and pointed out defects and when I was done .......ssshhwing big tip

steve r

I just need a snappy comeback....

seal in the dirt? ma'm you called me to clean the carpet. there wont be any dirt left to seal in in fact ill be locking it out!isnt that what you want?

Kelly

change your sales approach so that question dosent get asked. Perhaps pointing out that they should protect the investment they have left in their warn carpet against further damage. Explain how much easier itll be for you to clean for them the next time....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Greg Crowley said:
which white magic do you have?

I have the white magic commander HO. 47 blower turning at 3600 RPM with a 27HP 4 cyl Kholer (sp?) motor driving it.

I have it pimped with greenies 15hG bayco vac relief, 2.5 in. hose, and a greenhorn wand running 10 flow.

I took your advice and only went with a 7 ft whip of 2 in. Makes a difference.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

A solvent-based protector will actually displace soil on the carpet fiber as it attaches to the surface !

We use that property to our advantage in upholstery cleaning, when we spray a solvent-based fluoro-protector before wet cleaning (Dry-Wet process).

It will minimize penetration & bleeding, while aiding the removal of soil from the fiber.

Larry Cobb

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Larry Cobb said:
Gary;

A solvent-based protector will actually displace soil on the carpet fiber as it attaches to the surface !

We use that property to our advantage in upholstery cleaning, when we spray a solvent-based fluoro-protector before wet cleaning (Dry-Wet process).

It will minimize penetration & bleeding, while aiding the removal of soil from the fiber.

Larry Cobb

Larry,

This may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. I have a case of your ultraseal impregnator I ordered for tile and grout. Is it the same as the protector? Can it be used on Carpet and upholstery also? Or do I need to keep both on hand once I run out of scotchgard?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joey;

The fluorochemical is similar , but the solvent mixture is designed for more penetration in the Impregnator.

You could protect carpet with it, but it would ideally require two light coats, versus one heavier coat with the product designed for carpet.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom