as previous mikey fests have proven

Rex Tyus

For those that don't want to read the article I will summarize. The school system chose dry absortion because it was idiot proof.

EDIT
But if they can't get the staff to vacumm properly on a daily basis how are they gonna get them to properly do the absortion system when they don't have every administrator in the school district watching?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Totally BOGUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This school is less than 2 miles from my office.......
Flicker has been pushing HOST for 10 years...Even re-wrote specs.to insure
that all Pasco schools had to dry-clean....We are one of the only companys
in this RURAL area that has the proper training & EQUIPMENT to do the job
to industry standards.

We wont even bid on the county jobs....Because they will only take the lowest
BID. They purchased Host equipment & handed them to the janitors & said Here
Ya Go....The adverage price per sf.ft they pay is .08 cents !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GET
WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

We have taken care of some Schools / when the contractors were FOOT-N-BILL.
Roof leaks ect.... The carpets turned into mud from the HOST RESIDUE left in the
carpet. Of course you HAVE TO peek into the Janitors closet to see what they are
cleaning with???????? Guess what we found.....a beat-up POWER-FLITE porty....

Then we a found Janitor----& He said that he uses it (Because that saw-dust aint worth
a S##t.) "when iz clenz thmz rugs wits my StEaMer.. ThEz looks GOOOD!

I would DEMO a 500 sq ft for FREE..... Just to Prove them WRONG !!!!!

But they are going to PISS Away the tax dollars SOMEWHERE anyway...

It is just WRONG this information is printed in a TRADE magazine..... How about
the NAME OF THE COMPANY that represented the STEAM cleaning PROCESS in this TEST!!

Here is unique IDEA ???? HOW ABOUT A VIDEO OF THE SIDE-BY-SIDE DEMO !!!!!!!!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I could tell there was a lot more "behind the scenes" that influenced their decision.
They were even saying that hard sfc floors are better for IAQ. Did no one show them the Swedish study where they ripped everything up and found allergy reactions "increased"!?

They tested "high-flow" and truck mount extraction. Gotta wonder who was on that wand?
If they aren't vacuuming worth crap, then it won't matter what system they use. And all that 8cent/sf HOST powder will still be in the carpet 10 yrs later.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron, high flow wet extraction and truckmount extraction were not in the same sentence.. we all know it was probably a franchise in the truckmount and the high flow extraction was probably a steamin demon or comperable machine while the portable wet extraction was probably a regular porty with wand and hose.

I think it would be hillariously funny if Jon Don held the next Mikey's fest at that school and everybody with high perfomance truckmounts showed up and cleaned the school properly and fill a huge portable tank with the waste water afterwards and a dumster with the properly vacuumed dry soil.. they they can talk about IAQ! :roll:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I could tell there was a lot more "behind the scenes" that influenced their decision.
They were even saying that hard sfc floors are better for IAQ. Did no one show them the Swedish study where they ripped everything up and found allergy reactions "increased"!?
Better yet, the testing the EPA did that showed carpet was the best thing you could do to improve the air quality in a school. They're still ripping carpet out of schools, even though the unhealthy carpet myth was debunked fifteen years ago.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
That is an old report from a few years ago. Host is a master at PR and they will get all of the mileage they can out of that report.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Once a carpet has been embedded with gunk detergent, particularly the stuff with added silicone to keep foam down, nothing short of pre-shampoo using a solvent mix will break it up. The cost of this type of cleaning will easily exceed the cost of carpet replacement though, so once it gets that bad there's no use crying about it anymore.

It is a shame how many high-dollar wool carpets have been ruined in country and athletic clubs by the maintenance staff. If the carpet feels like wood, move on.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
This is the same GENIUS that Specked COLLINS & AIKMEN carpet for all schools.
He must of had a BROTHER-IN-LAW who was a rep.??? C&A carpet was an extreemly
high end product. This was an EXCLUSIVE LINE that carpet dealers (ME) had to pay a
franchise fee to sale...

I was a large SHAW dealer at the time..With 1 stroke of the PEN...He wiped out every
COMPETATIVE bid. The following carpets ; no longer were allowed bid....SHAW, ALLADIN,
QUEEN,WORLD, ect...or any other MILL.

All of the above MILLS offer the INDUSTRY STANDARD of a 20 wear warranty..........
C&A offer a 25 year (LIMITED) wear warranty. Thus DISQUALIFING 99.9% of all BIDDERS.
An adverage 26 oz commercial nylon installed............. was about $13.50 a sq. yd.

C&A carpet could only be installed by "THEIR" installers......driving the price to $30.00 & up....
I would be willing to bet you a "FI" there is not 1 sq.yd. left in Pasco County Schools......

This was in 1999 if I recall.....The so-called "25 year wear warranty was usless.....BECAUSE
they VOIDED all claims by using IMPROPER cleaning methods...(janitors shampoo & steam)

SO TO COVER HIS @SS !!!!! NOW HE SPEC.'S "host only".
Brother-in law must be a Host Rep. NOW ?????????

fritzrench31

most of the answers to the questions posed here are in the AATCC Pasco Poster Presentation flyer.
Go to the web site...hostdry.com/carpetcare. Happy to answer any questions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom