ASD class

Mikey P

Administrator
I learned enough to more than justify the expense and time away.
Got a grip on how and when to take readings. Different equipment uses as well as how to dry a class1/cat1 damage with little to no disruption done to the site.

Many in the class were hoping to see more water in the home and to get our hands dirtier tearing apart the flood house.

I wish a non IICRC class was offered where not so much time was spent worrying about a test for a virtually worthless patch to small companies like me who only want to take care of their client base's leaky gutters and over flown toilet damages.

Heck, every IICRC classes I've been to wastes too much time on the test. Never enough hands on and that's what most broke dicks need more than anything else. Cramming for a test stresses you out and most is forgotten if not put to use immediately any way.

This industry needs a Mikey's Board Learning Center. Imagine a compound with homes/buildings set up with loads of square footage of stone varieties, all carpet types, tiles of all sorts, bad install and good, Mop and Glowed to hell and back,showers, counter tops. All types of upholstery and all the methods shown, a rug fag school where those annoying beater guys are banned from the premises ...
All sorts of truckmounts to learn how to work on, all the wands/tools to test, every floor machine to master..

Stay as long as you want at a set rate per day.
Instructors are chosen for their passion and history and not how well they suck up to the Dixie Maffia.

You get the picture...

Who wants to buy some cheap land in Texas and get the ball rolling?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well Mikey you took a flying leap and revolutionized the land of bulletin boards. Sounds like it is time for the next challenge.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Well Mikey you took a flying leap and revolutionized the land of bulletin boards. Sounds like it is time for the next challenge.
Keep him busy... over there.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

With the Fests, Mike has seen the difference in effort between the real and virtual worlds. I think he's throwing the idea out to get someone else to do it.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
does this mean you will rent some air movers and dehu,s and the hydro x from me when you get some wd,s

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
mikey if you are serious give me a call on monday.

if jon don does not open a store in fort worth soon i am seriously going to look at opening up a facility/store. a store that will not have a political/manufactureal drama associated with it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mikey P said:
I learned enough to more than justify the expense and time away.
Got a grip on how and when to take readings. Different equipment uses as well as how to dry a class1/cat1 damage with little to no disruption done to the site.

Many in the class were hoping to see more water in the home and to get our hands dirtier tearing apart the flood house.

I wish a non IICRC class was offered where not so much time was spent worrying about a test for a virtually worthless patch to small companies like me who only want to take care of their client base's leaky gutters and over flown toilet damages.

Heck, every IICRC classes I've been to wastes too much time on the test. Never enough hands on and that's what most broke dicks need more than anything else. Cramming for a test stresses you out and most is forgotten if not put to use immediately any way.

This industry needs a Mikey's Board Learning Center. Imagine a compound with homes/buildings set up with loads of square footage of stone varieties, all carpet types, tiles of all sorts, bad install and good, Mop and Glowed to hell and back,showers, counter tops. All types of upholstery and all the methods shown, a rug fag school where those annoying beater guys are banned from the premises ...
All sorts of truckmounts to learn how to work on, all the wands/tools to test, every floor machine to master..

Stay as long as you want at a set rate per day.
Instructors are chosen for their passion and history and not how well they suck up to the Dixie Maffia.

You get the picture...

Thanks for hearing me out Mikey.

8)

dennypccc

Hey Mike this is Denny,
could not agree with you more! I wonder just how much more could be learned at Chuck's take out all the certification crap that we never use anyway. By the way I wonder if our subfloor and sill is dry. Nice to have met you and the rest of the guys over there! I will check in here more often, seems like this is where the real fun is.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Mikey and I have discussed the whole IICRC certification requirements versus value proposition but I think its worth sharing our reasoning in offering it as part of this discussion.

For the first few years that we offered this type of training there wasn't an IICRC certification, attendance was solid and each school could offer what ever they felt most important. A concern that was very common amongst restoration professionals was increasing liability costs. These same people asked for there to be a certification offering so that they could prove they had received the most advanced training and passed a test proving their knowledge santioned and graded by a "neutral" third party. Unlike carpet cleaning with a median job price of $260.00 A restoration project can easily hit the $4000 range , with the additional concerns for occupant safety from Bacteria etc. being able to prove you have a certification is pretty good" insurance".

Of course I recognize that the IICRC doesn't have a great fan base here on MB but its what we have and for the $50 or whatever the cost is today to take a test and have that piece of paper when some attorney comes knocking its a darn good deal.

Finally regarding training centers as a whole I would catigorize them as being similar to owning a boat "a hole in the water you put money into" Trust me when I say that everyone on this board is making more money doing than those who are teaching. If anyone has some big dollars to spend on something like this call me first and I'll sell you a race car it will cost you a heck of a lot less and your buddies will think its way cooler. shiteatinggrin

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
dennypccc said:
Hey Mike this is Denny,
could not agree with you more! I wonder just how much more could be learned at Chuck's take out all the certification crap that we never use anyway. By the way I wonder if our subfloor and sill is dry. Nice to have met you and the rest of the guys over there! I will check in here more often, seems like this is where the real fun is.

I brought up that question in class, but wasn't quite sure if I understood the answer. My suggestion was to redirect airflow/heat to the sill's that were having trouble getting dried. Don't remember the response right now.

Did you get the pics I put on the cd for some of the guys? I'd recommend water marking it if you decide to put it on your site.

Bill Martins

Jimbo

What Kind of a race car, Bill?...not that I want to train anyone...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom