At the wand temp gauge..

G

I just bought the digital temp guage from John. I works so good, that I am getting my Boxxer 427 Heat Exchanger cleaned out because it proved what I thought was going on (I wasn't getting over 200deg and the truck was saying 230). I needed the clean out anyways, I just did the 1000 hour service, and needed to plan to have the exchanger pulled and cleaned then reinstalled next day. John is a great seller on E-bay, and probably over the phone etc... FAST Shipping!!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i got mine from john the one he sold me has a rubber casing around the display so it can take the work load you put on it.

Greenie

If it wasn't making over 200 deg, how in the fook did the gauge say 230? special HM gauges?

How difficult was it to access that HX on the 427? and how often are you "supposed" to have it cleaned out?

G

Greenie said:
If it wasn't making over 200 deg, how in the fook did the gauge say 230? special HM gauges?

How difficult was it to access that HX on the 427? and how often are you "supposed" to have it cleaned out?

I'm taking it in to CCE next week, they pull it out and send it to the radiator shop for cleaning, then next day they will put it back in. Hydramaster recemmonds every 1000 hours to clean HX. I am right at 1000 hours, so it's just about the right time.

Greenie

So.. can you get to the HX without removing the TM from the van? How is the access? How many billable hours labor is it gonna cost to clean it and reinstall?

Greenie

You gonna make me twist yer arm for a quote on what it will cost? Should I ask Lisa to look it up?

Back
Top Bottom