Attention Stone Guru's! Nero Opus Granite Help

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I have a client that installed some Nero Opus granite in their remodeled kitchen. The installer and wholesaler have been trying to help them with a impregnator that will not change the look of the granite. This is the first time I've seen this granite and man is it beautiful! Silver and gold mica flecks throughout! I would imagine any quality sealer wouldn't change the look but what I'm hoping is that someone has run across this before. You just don't see this kind of granite in Billings, MT too often.

They have a small slab with three different sealers on it now. 511 and couple of other I hadn't heard of. I doubt they buffed them after applying but all three did change the shine somewhat.

She is pretty nervous about using anything but desperately need it done. They have 40 grand into their counter tops and are afraid to use them.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I think there there is 2 questions your asking

you didn't say what the finish was. I assumr polished

1.Sheen. penatrant sealers when applied correctly will not change sheen. There are exceptions when used in congunction with diamonds

2. color. Most non enhancing penatrants will not darken. some will. (dry treat sk-40 has darkened MTL on me before)

This is assuming this granite, if a hi polish, will accept a penatrant. (hence problems with test areas)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom