Audits....

-JB-

Name
JB
Am I the only one that hates the use of that over "estimates" ?

I'm sorry but having been audited, I would not want to tell my custys that I will be auditing them.

What other terms might w use instead? In leau of audit or estimate that is?
(no snarky coments Ken)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I like estimate the best personally and would never use audit (sorry Steve). I prefer to get them referred to this way as well. The one I hate the most is bid- impling there are others involved.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ken Snow said:
I like estimate the best personally and would never use audit (sorry Steve). I prefer to get them referred to this way as well. The one I hate the most is bid- impling there are others involved.
Ken,
If you are apologizing to me I am honored. But don't bother since like everyone else I have never like the term "audit". Way too formal and smells of the IRS. I do agree with with you- I don't like the word "bid" or actually "estimate" either. I think they both focus the customer too much on price as the only important part of the buying equation.

So in SFS we promote the phrase "pre-inspection". This conveys that while an exact price will be given there are a host of other variables to consider.

Steve
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I hoping to see a lot of you starting tomorrow night in Las Vegas. (I really hate that town.)

Becker

Name
Becker
Tried the audit thing about 12 years ago. It did not stick.

Bid, Estimate.

Heck, often that is what the client asks for when they call. And Estimate.. Why confuse them with the term audit?

I make it clear the estimate is the amount to be paid at completion of the work to their satisfaction and the total will not change on the day of service, unless they add or remove services to be performed.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mr. Polish likes "Carpet Audit".
My forms have the word "Quote" on them.

We will say Pre-inspection over the phone etc for the act of checking your carpet and giving a "Quote. Thanks SFS.

I also use "Open Areas" instead of "Traffic Areas". Thanks SFS again...even though that's what I always used. !gotcha!

Becker

Name
Becker
I also use "Open Areas" instead of "Traffic Areas". Thanks SFS again...even though that's what I always used.

Yes I agree.. Traffic areas are a very defined space of normal travel.

Open areas, is everything without moving anything.

Chris A

Name
Chris
If your stuck on "Audit" why not use the term "assessment." Gets rid of that nasty IRS connotation that instantly makes many people (including me) cringe. We use quote or estimate btw.

-JB-

Name
JB
Not really stuck on one thing or another, ya know a rose by any other name.

Was just listening to the full circle recordings and it just truly surprises me how many companies use the term audit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom