Aussie Install with Sapphire 454

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Our client picked up 5 year old Toyota SLWB Hiace that was an ex-courier/delivery van, so although the engine and gearbox were fine, the van was pretty beat up. So we used a panel beater to straighten some out on all sides.

DSC_1556.jpg

DSC_1560.jpg

But then we rust proofed the floor, installed a marine ply floor and carpeted everything right up to the roof. (Since I took this photo, we installed all LED lights and carpeted around them in the roof too.)

DSC_1701.jpg

We then designed and had applied a vinyl wrap that covers all the imperfections the van once had 8)

DSC_2275.jpg

You can see below just in front of the rear tyre, down the near the bottom sill on the van, there is a plate with a brass nut. This is where we externally duct the Auto Pump Out outlet, so there is no mess inside the van.

DSC_2279.jpg

The client decided to step up from a portable machine to Sapphire 454, which our team side mounted on this van. We mount the fuel pump on the bottom right hand side of the lower step so it is easy to get access to it as well (under the grey cage)

DSC_2282.jpg

Having twin slide doors on this larger Toyota vans makes cleaning out the waste tanks really easy – don’t even have to hop up in the van to clean them out.

DSC_2286.jpg

To better utilize the height space, we raised part of the floor and put slide out shelves in. The vac hose reel on the left holds 3 lengths of 2” hose, and the stainless reel on the right holds 2 lengths of 2.5” hose. The airmover rack in the middle of the van can hold 6 sahara’s with a smaller shelf above that to hold bonnets and other smaller items.

DSC_2292.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

Showing both draws partially opened below.

DSC_2303.jpg

DSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2307.jpg

Electric wind up live water feed hose reel with speed control. To activate the hose reel, we have installed a push button on the side of the truckmount.

DSC_2302.jpg

And I organized a new Alpine in dash dvd player/navigation system/ reverse camera with sensors to replace the standard Toyota stereo.

DSC_2319.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It was great getting to know you last month Jim.

I hope to visit soon.

S

sam miller

Ya thats an awesome install. To clean! I need to soil it argh! :roll:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
You should teach saphire how to do these awesome installs.. then they can teach there distys to do it. There are guys here who do good work but not that good! And they charge a fortune for basic installs. If you dont mind what would an install like that cost over there?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Amazing install, I'm surprised the cleaner didn't go with a nearly new van.

I would want to have the van with that install on the first half of it's life but then I don't like high mileage older vehicles.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim, what's the typical distance from van to the door in Australia?

If I'm in the driveway it's usually less than 50 ft and then maybe another 50ft to the back of the house....70ft on the big 2 stories.

Just curious of the comparison and how much hose you carry down there.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
joeynbgky said:
You should teach saphire how to do these awesome installs.. then they can teach there distys to do it. There are guys here who do good work but not that good! And they charge a fortune for basic installs. If you dont mind what would an install like that cost over there?

Joey lots of folks over here would love to do an isntall like that but us Yanks are to cheap.

Jimbo

Nice craftsmanship, Jim! You no doubt have some artisans on staff!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I thought I knew what to expect when I first clicked on this thread...high expectations.

However I was amazed, dazzled, and blown away again!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I kind of doubt the average BD over there is all that much different, John .
I'd also bet a nickel that a majority of Jim's custy's don't "do it to the hilt" like a few he's shown us over the years

..l.T.A.

Mike Draper

real nice. its to bad toyota doesn't have those vans here. They would put Government motors completely under.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
great install. i have that alpine system, cool the way the GPS goes in it huh

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
What's a custom install like that run Jim?

Most guys over here have a fit over 800 to 1200 for a normal install.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom