Back In The Biz

lesterj2

Truck has been down for 2 months..
But Im back and running did a few calls and booked 2 jobs for tomorrow.
And I also have one strip and wax job for tonyte... Had to pick up something else while the van was in the shop...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool #2, you're back in the bidness! :wink:

I wondered what happened to you. I hadn't seen you post in a while, what was wrong with your truck?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why wait 2 months ? You don't necessarily need a truck mount to make money in this business.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Dave ... the poor dude doesn't need you preaching to him right now.

Lester:

I wondered what happened to you. I was wondering if we ran you off. What was the deal with the truck? Just realize that whatever it was, you'll have four or five idiots who will tell you that they could have had it fixed in half the time it took you and for half whatever you paid.

Glad to see you back.

lesterj2

the problem was in the Pump...
but after 6 check valves, 3 packings, 1 pressure gauge & 1 unloader valve its running wonderful...
guy said he worked on TM's for 8 years for ServiceMaster... all together it was $425 but it was all worth it...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
lesterj2 said:
guy said he worked on TM's for 8 years for ServiceMaster...

I think that was his first repair job and you were his second. Good God. That's a half day repair at best.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Doug Cox said:
lesterj2 said:

I think that was his first repair job and you were his second. Good God. That's a half day repair at best.

Chill dude. We're talking Southern time. There's more to life than working all the time. Have a mint julep. Make love to your wife.

lesterj2

Doug Cox said:
lesterj2 said:

i kinda wondered about that also... Because on my ticket it was only 2 hours labor...
But he told me in the beginning that he had other tasks in front of mine...

Chris A

Name
Chris
lesterj2 said:
Doug Cox said:
lesterj2 said:

i kinda wondered about that also... Because on my ticket it was only 2 hours labor...
But he told me in the beginning that he had other tasks in front of mine...

Buddy I would find a new mechanic or else hook up with another cleaner that knows TM's and can help you learn. Nothing is more expensive than a broken down cleaning truck.

lesterj2

Tommy Callahan said:
Buddy I would find a new mechanic or else hook up with another cleaner that knows TM's and can help you learn. Nothing is more expensive than a broken down cleaning truck.
i tried all of the above and all other Carpet guys were brushing me off with some Bullsh!t... i called all through my phonebook and still had any/no results...

Chris A

Name
Chris
then in that case just use this board, lots of guys smarter than you and I that can diagnose a problem without looking at it. :wink:

lesterj2

I tried that also... But there is only so much you can do without actually seeing something...
And I never would have thought some worn parts in my pump would stop my wand trigger from being able to be pulled...

CL!CK HERE for my plea for help...

Name
I'm Rick James
Congrads on getting it up and running. If I remember right you had a machine that was well broken in. You might as well start replacing alot of the hoses and other parts. I bought a used machine and over the course of owning it, I ended up replacing alot of the little parts, switches, guages, hoses, connectors. Now my machine is mostly new. I still wanna get away from the coupler.

lesterj2

Brent said:
Congrads on getting it up and running. If I remember right you had a machine that was well broken in. You might as well start replacing alot of the hoses and other parts. I bought a used machine and over the course of owning it, I ended up replacing alot of the little parts, switches, guages, hoses, connectors. Now my machine is mostly new. I still wanna get away from the coupler.
yea im getting around to all of that... is it any way i could service my blower that you know of or just leave it alnoe until it starts to run crazy...

Name
I'm Rick James
lesterj2 said:
Brent said:
yea im getting around to all of that... is it any way i could service my blower that you know of or just leave it alnoe until it starts to run crazy...

I had Jon Don change my oil in the blower, pump and engine. I have no idea how to do it, but I am sure many here do. The oil should be changed every 500 hours and use a lubricant for the blower at the end of each day. Its cheapier to maintain what you have vs paying around $2000 for a new blower.

Have you talked to your local supply places in regards who does the best repair work?

lesterj2

Brent said:
I had Jon Don change my oil in the blower, pump and engine. I have no idea how to do it, but I am sure many here do. The oil should be changed every 500 hours and use a lubricant for the blower at the end of each day. Its cheapier to maintain what you have vs paying around $2000 for a new blower.

Have you talked to your local supply places in regards who does the best repair work?
yea but everytime i mention a carpet van they get spooked...

Name
I'm Rick James
lesterj2 said:
Brent said:

yea but everytime i mention a carpet van they get spooked...

The actual van or the Tm?

Greenie

I just call mikey with these little things, and you should too...831-588-9063

btw: i think it's BS what your guy said about your pump, now the regulator....maybe, but they usually creep back in pressure, not UP in pressure, something fishy here. and you can call me, I have a database of 2000 cleaners, I just might have a HELPFULL contact within driving distance, my customers are the better ones, not the average get outta my face types.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Damn $425, you almost coulda bought a new one...

I told that fook.."hey i understand you got others in front of me...but i need my shit done"

see if he is working on other guys "2nd" truck or something...

lol they get spooked...

ok now i am going to read your pela for help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom