back up van, low heat

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have three vans. My back up van has a little Prochem Blazer plus in it. The way the manufacture had the vac plumbed was pretty stupid so after a few mods I have it breathing right. However, the heat is not great.

I have never used a fuel fired burner before. I would like to add one to this unit. It is my back up unit so I dont need a flame thrower and I dont see the need to spend a lot of money on it but I would like more heat. Please tell me what you have used and what you think I should do. I have a 120 volt inline heater that I use that helps with another 10 degrees or so but not enough. If you are cleaning a house making lots of vac passes and moving furniture the heat is fine but if you are cleaning an empty house you kill your heat quick.

DOMOARIGATO

Last edited:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
They are HX, I am wanting to add a fuel fired heater to it so i have more heat.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Adam, make sure your vac relief is adjusted properly - lower than normal vacuum levels will hurt the temp output of the blower heat exchanger. Also, the more you restrict the blower inlet the more heat it makes, so by helping it to breath better you probably reduced the available heat somewhat.

Have you descaled and de-carbon'd the existing engine exhaust HX? Might be able to squeeze more heat just by making sure everything is up to snuff.

I like Larry's ideas - the new HX is the most elegant. With a LG you will have to fuss with an underbelly propane tank.....

BlazerLowTemp.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
I use a kero heater from northern tools 1500$...never regretted it love the heat ....
Propane would also work ...I would get the larger one....
These are all rated by btu's......

hydracat

I made my first one. Ran a copper coil in and out of a diesel reddy heater. Added a flow switch wired inline with the thermostat just like a fire breather. I used this on a few commercial jobs with a porty and in worked awesome. just a pain to move around. Just keep the unit heat lower than normal to get more life out of the flow switch.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I made my first one. Ran a copper coil in and out of a diesel reddy heater. Added a flow switch wired inline with the thermostat just like a fire breather. I used this on a few commercial jobs with a porty and in worked awesome. just a pain to move around. Just keep the unit heat lower than normal to get more life out of the flow switch.
Move the flow switch to the cold side of the high-pressure line to get even more life out of the flow switch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom