Backlinks question

ErikG

I am tring every couple months to get more back links. I only have around 37 , Any sugestions to get good back links?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
An easy way to find Google indexed links is to go to Google places(Map) listing and register on the links that are listed after the reviews.

(Go where the fish are)

These are the links that can really matter for ranking.

When you search through the Google places listings go to major metro areas (As they are often more savvy) and not just carpet cleaning.

Some common directories are: merchant circle,insider pages, hot frog, fave.

Being a member of the BBB will give you a link that carries a lot of clout.

Try to get one way links instead of reciprocal links.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Good info from FCC and Dave.

One thing that will bring people to you would be to put some text on your link page to the affect that you are trading links. I get a lot of requests this way without looking for it. I trade with some and not with others.

Albert

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Speaking of "backlinks"...On your site is a secondary graphic. What is the significant value of the two ladybugs performing......umm...?
index_20.jpg

rick imby

Name
Rick
First off you do not have a link to your website in your signature on Mikeys board? I haven't gone to look at your website because you don't have a link.

It is easy to comment on blogs and in other forums that allow your link. Build about ten new links from new sources a week for the next year and you should be on top of your listings. Do not build 100+ links in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck
Rick

Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
John Adams

How does the Net10 Cell Plan Work?

Net 10 Minute Deals

Net10 Free Airtime

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
rick imby said:
First off you do not have a link to your website in your signature on Mikeys board? I haven't gone to look at your website because you don't have a link.

It is easy to comment on blogs and in other forums that allow your link. Build about ten new links from new sources a week for the next year and you should be on top of your listings. Do not build 100+ links in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck
Rick

Not all links are Google Indexed.

I have over 1000 links.

But, only 40 are Google indexed and carry some weight.

The other 960 are almost like they don't exist

It's not the number of links that count.

It's the relavance of the links (according to Google)that matter.

G

Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="rick imby":1dpiqy2l]First off you do not have a link to your website in your signature on Mikeys board? I haven't gone to look at your website because you don't have a link.

Good luck
Rick

I have over 1000 links.

It's the relavance of the links (according to Google)that matter.[/quote:1dpiqy2l]

You can have 1000 links from *** and 40 other websites, Google really only gives credit from *** once, then partial for twice, then slice it again from it again. etc.. till it means nothing. Don't get fooled by the amount, if it comes from the same place.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

I have over 1000 links.

It's the relavance of the links (according to Google)that matter.

Dave, it sounds like you're seeing your links via the switch "link:(url)". If you sign up to google webmaster tools you will see all the backlinks as you would on yahoo's link switch.

Albert

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Albert Lazo said:
Dave, it sounds like you're seeing your links via the switch "link:(url)". If you sign up to google webmaster tools you will see all the backlinks as you would on yahoo's link switch.

Albert

The only links that I care to see are the ones that show up in Google maps.

Because they are the only ones that matter.

It's not quanity that matters for links it's quality, relevance and being indexed by Google the matters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom