Backpack or Upright Vacuum?

Name
George Valliant
I recently switched to GreenGlides which makes pre-vacuuming more important than ever. I do a lot of residential and commercial work.

I’m thinking a upright would be best for residential so you get the beater-bar action to kick up the dog hair etc.. But, I think a backpack would be best for commercial restaurant work sucking up French fries etc..

I can’t afford two vacuum cleaners and the van is limited on space. Would you recommend backpack or upright vacuum?

I’m looking at the Proteam backpack or the Royal upright with 18” cleaning path.

Thanks,

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Unless you purchase the power head option for the backpack it will never pull dirt from thick carpet like the upright.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I know the Royal Commercial with a big head covers more area but the wider head is going to reduce suction slightly making the suction port wider...Try to stick to the regular size 12 inch head..But that vacuum was where Kirby got their design and it is one of the best vacuums in the world as far as pick up...just has lousssy filtering...get good paper bags and hand wash the orange bag on occasion....

look into a Royal backpack vacuum also....I don't like Pro-Team...they seam to be cheaply made and have some electronic failures from what we have seen and repaired...

yah a lot of restaurants use back packs for sucking up big items..i would prefer an upright..whenver i clean restaurants with my upright...you need to pre pick up things or you will have a clogged vacuum

That's my share....God is good...

Jordan
Best Vacuum Store, M-town, IA!

Supersucker

I carry a backpack, an upright & a hand vac with beater bar for stairs.
If you only have room for one, it's going to have to be the upright.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Gotta have a beater bar no matter which way you go.

Get the Bissel 80 dollar vac. I know you are not THAT Ghetto. You can afford a cheap vac like that.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have the proteam backback, and it is very powerful. However in resi you need a beater bar. For commercial you cant beat the backpack.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I use that exact Royal pictured. It works great, only thing is I like to have the attachments a household vac has for the edges and corners. You can beat the Royal to death and it keeps running great. I use the Hepa Filter bags.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Do a search on Taski. They did make a vac at one stage that separated so you could use it either way.

roro

John Watson

You were almost correct when you said uprite for Resi and back pack for commercial. Sometimes both are necessary on commercial. One thing not see yet on this post is the back pack in a resi situation, be prepared to replace a lot of broken items narrow hallways no turn around room you will be knocking stuff off walls and things... Not really designed for in home use... You can purchase an elec. power head from a built in system and convert it to fit your BP

If money is tight buy KMart dirt devil uprite and a small cheap canister On our commercial jobs we use the canister with extensions and crevice tool to do all edges and under and around desks. Uprite for all else goes fast. Many times just vacing where they don't makes a big difference. One of our clients said it looks so good when we are done, their carpet is shot and they know it just paying attention to the edges and deatals makes a big difference.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
stay away from the commercial royal vacuum

I have proteam backpak vacuum, all have the power head a swell as the other floor tools. I use it in residential just for convinence and easy of use. With the detail tools and attachments I can do many things in the upright position

beater bar vacuum will do no good on commercial carpet

I am not a fan of the beater bar vacuum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom