Bad one last night, homeowners have been out of town

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bad one last night, homeowners have been out of town for 2-weeks. they drove 17-hours to get back to a severely flooded home. Our crew did some mitigation for 3-hours last night (10:00-1:00) but are headed back with reinforcements. They need to packout some contents, remove more drywall and stained carpet, pad, water had been running for days. Damaged lots of antiques to.

Crazy start to the day, mold guys start a decent job this AM too everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

It's been an decent month for water so far! :headbang:

Reactions: tmdry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sorry!

We just a bigger company is all.

I have a friend that has a large WD company and when I would brag that we got 10 or 15 water losses in a day he had processed 100. :frown:

He has a much bigger company in a much bigger market.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan went over to check on them and run them some water. I asked him how they were doing and he said "they are getting their ass kicked". There are (5) tech's there, we are sending another (4) over after lunch to help them out.

It's a bad one, water must have run for days. :eekk:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Sorry!

We just a bigger company is all.

I have a friend that has a large WD company and when I would brag that we got 10 or 15 water losses in a day he had processed 100. :frown:

He has a much bigger company in a much bigger market.

I hate you guys :( - and here I am looking fwd to the 4-6 jobs a month in addition to the carpet we already get.

Reactions: KevinL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate you guys :( - and here I am looking fwd to the 4-6 jobs a month in addition to the carpet we already get.
That little bit could be $8-15K

Hey it's not all good today.

We had one that called us and in the time it took to get response from a supervisor as to time he could be there. The insured called her insurance company and they sent out the vendor. :mad:

We also looked at another but the homeowner thought she could handle it herself. It was only $600.00 but still we wasted time looking at it.

Can't get them all!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That little bit could be $8-15K

That's it? Man I was thinking more like $20-50k! I dream big...but yea I can see 8-15k if they're the smaller ones :( - I'm trying to avoid the super small ones, they're just such a hassle, I compare them to a full day's of CC w/out the multiple trips n costs.

Hey it's not all good today.

We had one that called us and in the time it took to get response from a supervisor as to time he could be there. The insured called her insurance company and they sent out the vendor. :mad:

I hate when that happens!

We also looked at another but the homeowner thought she could handle it herself. It was only $600.00 but still we wasted time looking at it.

Gotta love that - I like the ones that say "if the drying will be more than replacing the carpet, I'll just replace the carpet" and they have this serious look in their face (after you sat there w/ your thermal camera, meters, and explained the scope...but hey "waddaya I know..."...

Can't get them all!

It seems worse w/ no coverage ones too, that's a good and bad thing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For every $5000.00 one I bet we do 10 at $2000.00

Big ones? We get one or two a year at 50 plus

Bread and butter is the 2-3k ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom