Bad pet job with urine preconditoner.

I am sold. I did a pet job last week with my regular pre spray. The carpet cleaned up great, but the carpet still smelled like urnine.

The second time around I sprayed it heavily with a urine preconditioner followed by very slow rotary extraction with my rx 20. Wow the water was dark yellow. I hit an area until the water was almost clear. After cleaning and drying the carpet with wand, I sprayed everything down with deodorizer. The carpet was 10 times better than before.

From now on I will just prespray the urine preconditioner and rinse with slurry.

Video coming later.

green guy

Hey if you pull a section up and look at the padding and subfloor you will find additional sources of odor. Cleaning the face yarns will not solve the issue. Like humans when urine leaves the body its acidic in thje drying process it goes through a metamorphosis and becomes alkaline or base. You will evennotice alkalinic salts in the backing material on top and on bottom of pad on the subfloor. they are activated by moisture so when its warmer and humid the odorwill be reactivated. Check out CTI and their system. Romove tack padding and use odor barrier by CTI has a lemon scent which pairs best with urine like cherrywith smoke. Not getting under the surface is like painting a car that needs a new engine. Solve it forever and look like a genius and make some serious money. pull pad and tack use 2mil sheeting and flood carpet with OSR dwell for 30 min. use claw to extract ..... seek out the rest through CTI gotta run my EAGLES or coming on.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
that's nice...been across many situations where it had to be replaced and sealed as well..some times it works sometimes it doesn't ..50/50 I say at fixing animal piss without replacing

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
green guy said:
Hey if you pull a section up and look at the padding and subfloor you will find additional sources of odor. Cleaning the face yarns will not solve the issue. Like humans when urine leaves the body its acidic in thje drying process it goes through a metamorphosis and becomes alkaline or base. You will evennotice alkalinic salts in the backing material on top and on bottom of pad on the subfloor. they are activated by moisture so when its warmer and humid the odorwill be reactivated. Check out CTI and their system. Romove tack padding and use odor barrier by CTI has a lemon scent which pairs best with urine like cherrywith smoke. Not getting under the surface is like painting a car that needs a new engine. Solve it forever and look like a genius and make some serious money. pull pad and tack use 2mil sheeting and flood carpet with OSR dwell for 30 min. use claw to extract ..... seek out the rest through CTI gotta run my EAGLES or coming on.

Bill.. most of us are familiar with that process here on this board.. however you sometimes encounter situations with people very willing to spend money but for many reasons do not want to or you can not remove the pad.. or the contamination is so wide spread they they just need an improvement to get to the next paycheck or two when they can completely replace the carept.

What daniel described offers an improvemnt.. granted not a complete solution, but an improvement that will be quicker than trying to flood and water claw and entire floor.

RickL

Well said David and exactly what I run into all the time then I have to wrestle with do I "walk" cause they won't do it right or do I do as they ask. Mostly do as they ask and haven't got burned yet.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And Rick the best way to avoid being burned is to drive home the point that it is an improvement to their situation, not a solution. And if you think it could go sour make sure they sign off on the work.

great stuff you got there...dog urine and all can cause a carpet to get smelly and mess up. its good to use a mild chemical and a deodorizer to get the problem fixed

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
ScientificAtlantic said:
great stuff you got there...dog urine and all can cause a carpet to get smelly and mess up. its good to use a mild chemical and a deodorizer to get the problem fixed

Wow.....no kidding!!! :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom