Bad Rap For SS

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
STANLEY STEEMER IS ONE OF THE WORST AND UNDEPENDABLE COMPANIES TO DO BUSINESSES WITH! I WILL NEVER USE THEIR SERVICES AGAIN! SAVE YOUR MONEY!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
STANLEY STEEMER IS ONE OF THE WORST AND UNDEPENDABLE COMPANIES TO DO BUSINESSES WITH! I WILL NEVER USE THEIR SERVICES AGAIN! SAVE YOUR MONEY!

This was left on FB by a very prominent local public official. Tuff break for all CC'ers, cause many of the public group all CC'ers together.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
This was left on FB by a very prominent local public official. Tuff break for all CC'ers, cause many of the public group all CC'ers together.

This was left by the local rep....We at Stanley Steemer offer the highest quality work that we can, sometimes due to human error a time issure arrives as in your case xxxx. We so apoligize for the inconvenience and the offer of a FREE carpet cleaning still stands. You never know what is going to happen on a job and we do not promote rushing the work, the problem with that is sometimes you run behind. We should of communicated to you better and we do apoligize for that. I hope everything works out for you with your cleaning. I am offering any of your friends that felt they had a bad experience with our company at one time or another, $35.00 off any service.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
This is one of the many problems that typically is found with the big companies and numerous employees unfortunately.

Really hard to keep the quality and keep tight customer service like the smaller operations provide IMO

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
Some customers are really fussy. It sounds like Stanley Steamer did everything that any competent independent carpet cleaner would do to try to remedy the situation.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Some customers are really fussy. It sounds like Stanley Steamer did everything that any competent independent carpet cleaner would do to try to remedy the situation.

Yeah....I commend them, Will, for trying to address the problem. But the original post had stated that the carpet was wet for 3 days, which was the heart of the problem. Unfortunatly, reports like this are a reflection on ALL extraction-based CC'ers. Such is the problem of multi-truck companies and the quest for ever increasing sales and commisions.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Oh wet for three days is bad for anyone and I understand how that reflects on all of us hwe or even all professional ccs

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If anything, I would think any fook-up at Stanley are only going to help our biz... The more commercials they run better for us! It's like free advertising...

This normally works great when people bring up Stanley, "Well, Miss Smith... My wife and I own the biz and I do all the cleaning. We are not some 22 year old kid working for beer money".

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
They should he more ashamed of the terrible grammar.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
3 days is hard to believe in any circumstance. I have had some real crazies in my day, so i am leaning more towards that. Though i am not sticking up for SS, its hard to believe wet for three days even if you tried to using a legitimate TM.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Chris A

Name
Chris
This normally works great when people bring up Stanley, "Well, Miss Smith... My wife and I own the biz and I do all the cleaning. We are not some 22 year old kid working for beer money".

This would be a great line, except that Im a 26 year old kid working for beer money, so it might not have the same effect.

Reactions: Art Kelley

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
For those of you are not familiar with SS, the main problem with their operation is the commission based pay they offer. The lead techs commission rate is based on his add ons for the week so a job where he can't add on hurts his commission for the whole week. Usually 1 job won't change his commission rate but a few jobs that don't buy any extras can change his commission rate. When they get to a job that doesn't buy any extras they tend to get a little peed off and do a rush job. Even faster and wetter than they usually do. 600 psi with no dry strokes and if the humidity is high and an empty house closed up with no air flow it can certainly be wet for 3 days. I've had customers tell me that SS left their carpet wet 4 days.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
This would be a great line, except that Im a 26 year old kid working for beer money, so it might not have the same effect.

That's awesome, Chris! Wish I would have thought of starting a CC biz when I was 26!

However, at the time I also was working for beer money.

Reactions: Chris A

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Kevin, there had to be no air flow or attempt by the homeowner to aid in the drying. You close things up and with the elevated moisture levels from anyone's cleaning and you'll have a problem. Plus what Kevin said about the wham bam cleaning without the add on.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
3 days is hard to believe in any circumstance. I have had some real crazies in my day, so i am leaning more towards that. Though i am not sticking up for SS, its hard to believe wet for three days even if you tried to using a legitimate TM.

JR....."wet for 3 days" means very wet the first day, still damp the second day, still damp on bare socks the 3rd day. Living in Florida, you might have some better drying situations.......such as ocean breezes, and/or full on central a/c. That will dry carpets very quick. As Keven L has stated, they are on commision and earn higher rates for add on sales, as many here on this board operate. If custy want's just the special (currently around here it's $99....3 rooms.) When driving times are considered, they're in and out in 1/2 an hour or less and on to the next job. If you're doing 3 rooms, are you getting in and out and to next job in under 1 hour? If you are, you're either not cleaning right, or not drying with extra strokes.

Chris A

Name
Chris
if its a small house, and not real dirty, and I dont have to move anything, and my next one is real close, than yeah. And I pre-vac and do dry strokes.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That's awesome, Chris! Wish I would have thought of starting a CC biz when I was 26!

Thanks Jerry. Actually I bought my biz from my Dad a month before my 21st birthday and I'll be 27 at the end of August. I cant believe how long its been already.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard

I started mine when I was 19.

As far as SS is concerned, it is easy to pick on a company that size but in reality there are a lot of happy customers so they must be doing something right most the time.
I also have a bad review on google from a customer that I wasn't able to service. It was the last job of the day and the previous job took much longer than expected. She couldn't do it after hours and was pissed. Apparently I have the most unprofessional company around so SS you can take second place.

Reactions: jcooper

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I started mine when I was 19.

As far as SS is concerned, it is easy to pick on a company that size but in reality there are a lot of happy customers so they must be doing something right most the time.
I also have a bad review on google from a customer that I wasn't able to service. It was the last job of the day and the previous job took much longer than expected. She couldn't do it after hours and was pissed. Apparently I have the most unprofessional company around so SS you can take second place.

I hear ya, Richard.........it's that one rush job that can give you fits for months or years if it's the wrong custy! I'm glad that SS is here. They do stay busy, servicing that part of the population that always will use a national name over a local. (Sears, Roto-Rooter, Culligan......)

Back
Top Bottom