Bands drummer arrested for open door of carpet cleaning van

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
http://sunchronicle.com/articles/2010/0 ... 994771.txt
Boys Like Girls member allegedly in tiff over noise
MANSFIELD MA- The drummer of the rock band Boys Like Girls was arrested Friday outside his Mansfield condominium following a dispute with a neighbor over the noise of a carpet cleaning van parked outside the downtown building.

John J. Keefe, 27, was charged with breaking and entering into a motor vehicle and was released without bail after pleading innocent in Attleboro District Court.

Keefe's two lawyers and his father declined to comment. Keefe was whisked out a back door of the North Main Street courthouse into an Audi driven by one of his lawyers.

Boys Like Girls is an American pop rock band from Andover that earned popularity with their self-titled debut album in 2006. Their second album, Love Drunk, was released last year.

Officers Brian Thibault and Roy Bain were called around 11 a.m. to Keefe's condominium for a complaint about a loud van. Police were told Keefe opened the door of the van several times and turned the keys off to stop the carpet cleaning equipment, which was being powered by a compressor while the van idled.

There are also allegations that Keefe and his neighbor bumped each other, but neither man was charged with assault.

Assisting in the investigation was Sgt. Ron Sellon.

Keefe allegedly told police he was up late the night before writing music and was trying to sleep when he heard the noise coming from outside his condominium. He also allegedly admitted to reaching inside the open window of the van and turning off the ignition, police said.

Keefe is due back in court in December for a pretrial hearing after he returns from England where the band is scheduled to tour in November.

Terry

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Re: Bands drummer arrested for open door of carpet cleaning

I woulda knocked his girly teeth down his girley neck..
if he shut off MY van!

Scott Rogers

bob vawter said:
I woulda knocked his girly teeth down his girley neck..
if he shut off MY van!

Yeah right, You would have grabbed your ankles and begged him to use lube before he made you his bitch.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

not likely....
soooooooooooo then
what would YOU have done if he shut yor truck off?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Now....what's the WHOLE story? Was this a POS van with no muffler? Was the cleaner parked right up against the building, near a window? Was the window open? I've told other cleaners I know that if they pulled into my neighbor hood at 7 AM and cranked up their van, they would have some problems. Ya gotta have some courtesy when cleaning in enclosed places....a little respect for the neighbors. I try to face the van away from other buildings and homes, just as a courtesy.

But then being a rock band, maybe the kid was just an asshole......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

rwcarpet said:
Now....what's the WHOLE story? Was this a POS van with no muffler? Was the cleaner parked right up against the building, near a window? Was the window open? I've told other cleaners I know that if they pulled into my neighbor hood at 7 AM and cranked up their van, they would have some problems. Ya gotta have some courtesy when cleaning in enclosed places....a little respect for the neighbors. I try to face the van away from other buildings and homes, just as a courtesy.

But then being a rock band, maybe the kid was just an asshole......

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

I had a similar problem with the old man calling the cops on me. He ended up getting read the riot act from the police.

gene

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard

ive had the police called on me in the afternoon. lady yelled at me and then called them when I wouldn't shut it off. The police told her to deal with it and im surprised she didnt break my windshield in or something. people can be strange. I would however have locked the doors with a spare key and forced him to jump over my cds to turn it off.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

I was working late one night, residential area. Police showed up saying it was past commercial work time and that someone had called. fortunately I only had about 10ft of a hallway left, so they let me finish and I shut down as soon as I could.

Cleaning a restaurant one night and the police showed up. The owners forgot to disarm the alarm. Dang those things are loud! They were really good sports.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom