Bane clean truckmounts

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jtuseo said:
How many feet of Vacuum hose can you run on these systems. More than 250 feet??

LOL, yes John
as long as 250ft of the hose is running DOWN hill to the truck :lol:

Seriously, by all accounts Banes are a well built, reliable lectromount.
They're just not known for stellar vac performance

..L.T.A.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The last Bane guy I ran into at a Chuck E Cheese told me he could wrap his hose around the building six times and not lose vacuum.
Talk about Bane washed. Guess you can't lose what you don't have to begin with.

steve r

its not about the vac.
spray lightly and scrub hard. :lol:

but then again i dont go over 150 ft.

LeeCory

I had one and i actually think it is a decent little machine. Obviously it does not have powerful vac but that can be fixed as Odin mentioned.

It is pretty reliable and does not burn gas.

It would be a decent "second" machine for backup or extra work.

Kelly

I started my business with a bane. It was ok if you did not need to do more than a house or two a day. Then I bout a stealth eagle truck mount and was able to make twice the money. And do twice the work. And I would never Owen another one.
My new pro 1200 HV has more vac at 600 RPM than the Bane.
Mitch H

Name
Lee Stockwell
I wish everyone started with a Bane, including their training, chemicals, and advertising. Go to a few mill tours with them, they do have the respect of many in the industry.

Why? They turn out some well grounded service oriented business people who don't base their success on the "size of their unit".

Fred Boyle and Nathan Koets come to mind, along with many others who still run top notch companies, albeit with other machines now.

Thanks,
Lee

Kelly

that was mitch... I accidently left the office computer logged on to my name

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was at my RRT?class the otherday with a bane guy who thought his machine was the best thing on the planet(after years of ownership) so I asked my mechanic what is up with this bane stuff and he told me he had never worked on one but everyone who owned one was in a cult

glorified porty

steve r

How many Hg's will the banes pull?

at 20 amps on my gage i have mine set at about 7 hgs. if i block the vac port completely i get over 9 with out popping a 20 amp breaker.

the weather (high or low pressure and if its raining) and electrical service to the outlet can and does effect the performance of the vac.

my dry times are comparable to my friend with a 405 performer but i take extra dry strokes and use less water.

a bane will get the job done with more effort and time but what i am finding is i have more time than work so the low operating cost works for me.

i was at summerfest in indy last year and there was a blue line (mike b.)
and some other truckmounts there. i was not impressed with the results i saw. i wish i had my van there because i still believe i could have done better or at least as well as the rest.

so if anyone wants to do a side by side test i am willing to.not to brag but to really see any differences. i would like to know myself.

one thing im really liking is that in the dead of winter i can and have pulled into a heated garage while it was snowing and freezing cold.

John Watson

Steve,

Back in Alaska in 84, I had a 82-83 Bane and a 76 Steam Vac (The predecessor of the Hydra Master CDS System, Mike Palmer worked for these guys before starting HM)

The only thing I did to the Bane system was at the start of the day, I would fill my fresh water tank with 200 degree water and kept the tank heaters we added plugged in at the job site. . We had a boiler system with a special 150 gal holding tank that while filling the bane, I would isolate the system so no cold incoming water would cool the storage supply. Even with the same chemicals used, same operators, the CDS unit was faster cleaning, like you already explained, felt drier and dried faster even with the bane using extra dry strokes. As far as the way the carpet looked and felt after both processes, Looked good to me, But, yes the big But, Time is money, We made alot more money and cleaned alot more carpets faster with the Steam Vac unit compared to the Bane..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom