Bane Clene recovery tank question

Rex Tyus

Does anyone know how much the Bane tank will take with out additional bracing? I know they are stainless steal just wonder how well they are braced.

TimP

Go ahead and ask what you're really thinking man. How many hg's can it take from a #5 blower that you have sitting around.

BRUCE LITTLE

I don't think they will take much , I have 4 of them and have welded the tanks up at the seams in all of them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I reinforced ours with 1/4" ss rods that pulled the opposing sides IN a bit to keep them from flexing under full vacuum.

F

FB7777

The other problem I had when I hooked up my Spitfire to the Bane recovery tank was when the tank got full, the blower would suck water and debri into it.

The tanks are horizontal, which helps keep the vacuum inlet low to the ground.

Sure it helps a weak vacuum system like Bane but is awkward and poorly designed for any other system.

I doubt that the tank is reinforce very well.

The baffles were put in to keep the water from sloshing around while driving... not because a 33 blower spinning at 1275RPM is gonna implode the damn thing :shock:

Rex Tyus

Thanks everyone for the input.

Project season is coming up. I am trying to decide if it is worth utilizing the tanks with some modifications or just start over. My plan is to install it in my restoration trailer as a serious flood pumper.

Fred, that is a good point about the position. I was wondering about that already.

It is looking like a sizable project more and more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom