Baseboard Tool/wand?

Name
R.J. Povio
anyone ever use one of those edging for cleaning black carbon filtraition dust in houses along baseboards? What kind of results have you had with them? Where can I get one and how much would one cost?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The tool is helpful and can save some bending down, but the real key is using the right cleaning products along with plenty of heat and agitation.

We sell the baseboard wand called "Edging crevice tool" for $253.

sarrik

"...the real key is using the right cleaning products"

What is/are the right product(s) for this?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
sarrik said:

The filtration soil on each job is going to differ somewhat from the next job. It depends upon the source or combination of sources that polluted the air and got filtered out into the carpet.

My first choice would be to use Bridgepoint's Filter Free. It works well on a lot of jobs. The key is the chsrged hydrotope that counteracts van der Waals forces that hold small partilces to the carpet fiber.

Sometimes CTI's or Prochems filter soil spotter will do the better job. So I usually carried at least 2 different filtration soil removers.

Some report good sucess using Fels Naptha. I never tried it. I believe it would leave residue.

Solvents, foam (for lubrication) and high heat are all helpful ingredients. So you may be sucessful using a prespray with plenty of solvent.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
scottw said:
sarrik said:

The filtration soil on each job is going to differ somewhat from the next job. It depends upon the source or combination of sources that polluted the air and got filtered out into the carpet.

My first choice would be to use Bridgepoint's Filter Free. It works well on a lot of jobs. The key is the chsrged hydrotope that counteracts van der Waals forces that hold small partilces to the carpet fiber.

Sometimes CTI's or Prochems filter soil spotter will do the better job. So I usually carried at least 2 different filtration soil removers.

Some report good sucess using Fels Naptha. I never tried it. I believe it would leave residue.

Solvents, foam (for lubrication) and high heat are all helpful ingredients. So you may be sucessful using a prespray with plenty of solvent.

ProChem's Filter Soil is a complete waste of money. You might as well flush your money down the toilet.

Nephta works so so.

My best experience has been with the highly alkaline products, some are products used for fire damage (if the fabric will allow- Not on wool and it may void the warranty on 5th generation.) However it works. And Scott is right about the high heat, agitation etc. I would try his product, as from my experience you can totally trust Scott's recommendations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom