Basic Coatings VS Bridgepoint hardwood questions

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
The Bridgepoint requires a 175 and the Basic Coatings requires a steam machine. Any advice which is the way to go? Are both superior products? I know both aren't full restoration, just looking for feedback. Thanks Bill

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Maybe I can get answers off an "amateur site " like ***? LOL C'mon fellas? U guys gonnatalk all day bitch about junk/parts/chemicals??

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what exactly is the question???

they both require a clean and rinse...tools shouldnt matter, except for how easy it is for you...

with that i used basic coating the other day...and looked great...thing is...still reminds me of a regular floor finish...cept for the $100 a gallon price tag:eekk:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
He must be talking about the dirt dragon and thinking it is a "steam cleaning" machine. :errf:

My best guess is.. How does a dirt dragon compare to a 175rpm for wood cleaning/finishing?

Reactions: Bee Busy

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Either set of products can use either method. Basic Coatings has the Dirt Dragon which is there machine. Looks nice. Works well with either brand of products. Looks professional. Bridgepoint does not make a Bridgepoint branded wood floor machine. However, many Bridgepoint distributors and Interlink Supply distributors carry either the Lindhaus wood floor machines or the Karcher machines or both.

IMO, the Karcher machines look more professional than the Lindhaus models. They can also be outfitted with different brushes for different floors so that you can use them on concrete or tile & grout. The Karcher machines also cost more. But all the machines give good results.

The preferred way of using the Bridgepoint wood system is the extraction method using a wood floor machine - Dirt Dragon, Lindhaus or Karcher. The 175 RPM floor machine and maroon pad is an alternative for those who don't do enough wood floor cleaning to purchase a machine.

Cleaning with the machine does require 1 more product than when using the 175 RPM floor machine, but the job still finishes faster. The floor machines gets the surface clean and ready for new coat of finish while removing less of the old finish. So instead of requiring 2 or 3 coats of floor finish (when using the maroon pad) you only need 1 or sometimes 2 when using a wood floor cleaning machine. This saves a lot of time waiting for that extra coat to dry. It also saves material.

If you want more details about all the available machines and the process for using each, you can send an email to stores.csr@bridgewatercorp.net. You can also watch videos here - http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CW025GL

If you want extended version of the videos, you can also ask for those in your email.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
Bill, I am somewhat familiar with both systems. I sent you a PM with my phone number. Too much info to type here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom