Bawb, tell me about the SteamGenies

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I have seen a couple for sale in older vans, I'm really leaning to a PTO drive for the second unit - a local comp. was cleaning next to me with one the other day and I was impressed with how quiet it was and the space he had left in the van

So what is the lowdown with a Genie.... what do I look out for when looking at a used one? If the truck is not what I want, what kind of vans can I put one in - I have a 96 Ford and a 95 Chevy that are both in great shape that I could put a unit in.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I bought an eight year old Steam Genie PTO in 1994, (a 1986) and used it for ten years as a back-up to my White Magic Pro1200. There's not much maintenance required, just annual oil changes on the blower and pump, and the occasional belt changes. The wear and tear occurs on the van drive components. I had to replace the motor within six months of purchasing it (it only had 75000 miles on it) and I had to take it in several times a year for replacement of the various other parts i.e fuel pump, water pump, radiator, tranny, $1000 this, $900 that, $500 whatever. The local auto mechanics loved me.
Get a van with air conditioning as it is miserably hot in the summer without one.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i jus finished the install on the econOgenie.......Paul did MOST of it by himsef, but didn't know how to "tune" it in.....so he drove all the way back for me to finish it....i had him going in about an hour.......i wish id'a taken pics yesterday!
The IDEAL van is a Chevy 02.......a low milage 02 can be bought for $4000 PLUS the six grand for the Genie and you got a perfect cleaning machine for TEN GRAND.....the one that CRASH got from me ran TEN YEARS ....witout one problem.....BTW i paid $500.00 for the van!
SMART people search me out and buy them from me....
the rest of ya's make excuses based on old wifes tales and stupidity!
A true dual wand carpet cleaning machine

bestfrontmachine.jpg

handshakeeconOgenie.jpg

THIS IS THE NEW PIMPOGENIE Stainless steel unit
newgenie2.jpg

2010-10-14_222256MA28197544-0002.jpg

FINISHED!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom