Bayco or Kunkle?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Are these valves still the "Cats Ass" or have they run their course? I myself removed the Bayco when it got all corroded and have been happy ever since. Don't know how many manufacturers still use them, or if they ever did. My Genesis had one when I bought it from Matt King.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've had a Kunkle on my unit for many years now. No complaints at all. Way better than the leaky thing the manufacturer had on it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We tested the Kumkle valves on lots of TM's .

Found that once they opened at say 15" hg. , they would then cycle/relieve at 13" hg.

Also found that orientation made a difference in opening vac level (up to 2" hg.).

Tooo many variables . . .

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Hotheatexchangers makes a relief valve that stainless and Teflon. Works perfect. I paid 75

Gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've had a Kunkle on my unit for many years now. No complaints at all. Way better than the leaky thing the manufacturer had on it.
Shane....don't you have a Genesis? I replaced my Genny factory "suck limiter" to a waste lid mounted "Steamway" vac breaker.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Shane....don't you have a Genesis? I replaced my Genny factory "suck limiter" to a waste lid mounted "Steamway" vac breaker.
Where did you mount it? On the waste tank lid or nearer the blower?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs

Found that once they opened at say 15" hg. , they would then cycle/relieve at 13" hg.

Also found that orientation made a difference in opening vac level (up to 2" hg.).

I made an adjustable cap to put on mine. When the valve opens at 15" the cap holds it even at 15" until the valve closes.
Kunkle Valve 001.jpg

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

Bayco and Kunkle valves are very easy to dial in with a simple limiter cap.
I have one of each dialed in to open at 15" and hold 14.5"
And I think orientation would equally effect any vacuum release valve.

Back
Top Bottom