Bayco Relief Valve

Joe Couch

I just installed a Bayco relief valve and wanted to get some feedback from some of you that are using them.

I installed mine on a HydraMaster 4.8 CDS.

Does it really help with dry times and if so how much?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I guess some guys swear by 'em

I used one for a day and didn't like it.
When it does cycle open, I lost more HG than when using my stock relief valve.
(and yea, it had that silly PVC cap with holes drilled in it, screwed on)

with some tools or carpet type it constantly cycles open and closed.

maybe you'll like if your current stock relief valve is junk.

but I just couldn't warm up to them

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I use the spring relief valve wit the eight holes in it....i tighten the spring ALL THE WAY...and duct tape SEVEN holes shut...it's gotta breath a little....

OHH YEA.....I SUCK BABY!!!!!

John Watson

Joe what are you finding??? What is your results? whats your opinion?

I am getting ready to do somthing to my shaft drive also.

Both who answered so far don't qualify Bob ain't got one and Meat had but didn't like so I guess he ain't got none either. There fingers just must be itchy so they is scratchen them anywhere they can.

Joe Couch

Hey John, I am going to clean a couple of carpets tomorrow so I will post and let you know what I think.

TimP

John let me know how much the tank brackets run...I'm probably going to buy them shortly as I'm about to need a new tank seal.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John Watson said:
and Meat had but didn't like so I guess he ain't got none either. There fingers just must be itchy so they is scratchen them anywhere they can.

LOL, Watson

are you only looking for opinions from those who love 'em?

very few really know what's what.

all it takes is a Big Dawg or two to say "this is it" then most everyone else just jumps on the band wagon and follows along whether they have a clue or not.

Whether it's Chemstractors
Cimex
RDM
Dyson
Lyndhus
Recoil
fire hose flow rates
This chem
that chem

or whatever the BB thingie "de juor" happens to be at the time

90% of the fantastic claims are a result of more lift.
(that's why Lisa suggest some of youins add stiffeners to your tanks)
Cause you've never run that much lift before

most of ya'll probably don't know to adjust your stock relief valve right
:roll:

..L.T.A.

John Watson

Meat, Sorry to step on your toes dude, But please re read his question

"I just installed a Bayco relief valve and wanted to get some feedback from some of you that are using them."

You stated "used one for a day and didn't like it." I for one appreciate a honest answer. You even explained why. Great. But you ain't using one today!!!

We want to hear from them that got them and are using them on a daily basis. so our opinions can be formed. I also can read between the dumb shits lines and know who is rust running along trying to suck on the hind tit..

I also agree with you about most every one else cause I am another one of those flippen know it alls. Been there done most of it.

But even I have questions now and then or like to hear what alot have to say. I got a good idea on the ones I pass by.

And yes I do pick up good shit from you too. You knows alot thanks for sharing..LOL

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John Watson said:
I also agree with you about most every one else cause I am another one of those flippen know it alls.

Oakie doakie , Brother John.

here's a thought from one "knowitall" to another

It's unlikely that a fellow who spent $200 to $300+ on a vac relief valve :shock: will have anything but good to say about it.
Not unlike the guys who pay WAY too much for a plastic clOwN cOloRed vac
(wink icon)

I also suspect most who bought the valve, not only increased their lift to a higher HG than they were running , but also incorporated other vac performance mods.

..L.T.A.

Greenie

I disagree with Meat on this one, carpet cleaners are as whiney as the next occupation, if they don't feel value for their purchase they WILL let you know.

This is fine with us cause all of our stuff is guaranteed. I dare you to find another vendor that will take back 100% of what they sold if you are not happy for any reason.

now....on that note, not every single user will notice a BIG increase in vacuum with a precision vacuum relief valve...but MOST will. lots of variables out there.

ain't it great that youinz can send stuff back if it ain't what ya thought?

Farenheit251

I put one on my 25/45 over 2 years ago. With that and a few other mods from Greenie I've been able to remain satisfied w/ my machine. Otherwise I would have dropped $20,000 on a machine with a 56 blower to get the performance I need.

On short nap commercial where the wand locks down and the vac guage is pegged the type of relief valves will probably all be equal. Doesn't really matter as that kid of carpet is drying before I am done. On carpet types where the wand doesn't lockk down and the guage is at 12-13 hg most regular valves are leaking air and my kunkle isn't. Those are the carpets where I need the help recovering water.

Name
Jesse
I didn't like the kunkle until I restricted it properly, now I wouldn't go without one. The only down side to restricting it is that it whistles really loud when it opens (At least ours does). I had to put some 2.5 hose on it, run behind the waste tank to quiet it down.

Ours have a single relief hole, not the cap with multiple holes drilled.

Joe Couch

I have been using it now for a couple of days and I can tell you that for me I have seen a difference in dry times and I definitely have more vac.

I did a job today that was 1500 sq ft of plush nylon and I had a 150ft of hose out and the wand was stuck down the whole time.

So far so good.

Jerry

Supportive Member
bought a Kunkle valve a few years ago, 14" and mine has never popped open, even when capped off, is this normal? It pulls real strong, about 12-13 hgs with the glide on the carpet, but it has never opened, hmmm.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jerry said:
bought a Kunkle valve a few years ago, 14" and mine has never popped open, even when capped off, is this normal? It pulls real strong, about 12-13 hgs with the glide on the carpet, but it has never opened, hmmm.

you have air leaks somewhere else in the system????

what's the HG go to when you block off the vac port at the machine??

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Jerry, where did you buy yours? Can you read the data plate on top of the valve, what are the numbers you have?

Multiple perforations were quieter than a single hole in the cap.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Come on guys, for 50 cents and a drill bit, I can build you the best relief valve you have ever seen....with no moving parts.....NOT! That is right nick, I disagree with this Stupid Azz idea.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Hey Larry,
It will run up to17-19hq when capped off. I replaced all of the waste tank gasket, still the same. Greenie emailed me and we think it is stuck for some reason. I am going to pull the cap of and try to free it up. we will see.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jerry said:
Hey Larry,
It will run up to17-19hq when capped off. I replaced all of the waste tank gasket, still the same. Greenie emailed me and we think it is stuck for some reason. I am going to pull the cap of and try to free it up. we will see.

Thanks Jerry.

sure sounds like it was jacked from the get go.
Did you buy it from Greenie?
I don't always agree with my Brother GreenOne
(pronounced green-Jaun in meAt-speak ) with "all" his TM pimp mods,

But one thing is fact, The Green Team is one of the finest in custy service and support in this biz.
If was his valve, he'd of got you squared away speedy quick back when you first bought it

at any rate...a side note to all kuncklehEds and BaycobelEEvers.
You should have some back-up relief system in place.
Cause those valves are precision devices and can and do fail.

Easiest back up is to keep your stock spring relief valve if you can.
Crank it down/adjust to bleed air at an hg or two above the setting of the bayco/kunckle.

Those valves should be lubed regularly too, no?

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've had mine a month or so Joe, it definitely woke up my old 4.7, so far that's my only performance mod, I get great dry times with 12 flow. I cut a new hole in the waste tank lid, on the back opposite the blower filter.

Joe Couch

I have been using the valve for about a month now and it makes a big difference especially when using the rotovac and doing water extracts.

I will be buying another to put on my other 4.8 CDS and my Blueline Champ.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom