BBB search engine marketing

I have had good luck with the BBB for the past couple years. Each fall I debate renewing my membership, but I always get at least a dozen or more jobs from their website and many people check me out. Plus the jobs are usually better quality.

The BBB is doing a program where they will come up as the top spot in the sponsored area above the maps on google. They are taking a few businesses to highlight. I think this will be good money spent. Extended programs 6 months to a year are 150 per month and monthly is 200.

What do you think?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Couldn't you just do Adwords yourself instead of having the BBB do it for you?

Then you can set your own spending limits.

However, Belonging to the BBB can give your map listing a boost.

Their link is weighted heavier than most.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I really don't care for the way they force you to pay for an A+ rating. You are given a B- until you pay the fee even if you have never had a complaint.

Kind of deceptive if you ask me.

Name
I'm Rick James
Jim Williams said:
I really don't care for the way they force you to pay for an A+ rating. You are given a B- until you pay the fee even if you have never had a complaint.

Kind of deceptive if you ask me.

I didnt pay the $500 a year fee and they gave me an A- rating. I would raise hell if they bumped my business to a B - because I didnt pay them. Thats kinda like blackmail isnt it?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When they called me (a few times) they try to strong arm me into using them.
They come across like some govt agency that you have to comply with.
I could see how some companies would be scared into going with them.

That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have an A rating with out giving them a dime.

I was considering joining just for their link.

It can really help SEO.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They don't have my company but they do have me listed under my old name of Just Carpet Cleaning...that's from 02.

This is pure crap how they rate a business.

BBB Rating for Just Carpet Cleaning
Based on BBB files, Just Carpet Cleaning has a BBB Rating of B- on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating. How hard is this?
•BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. This should stop here
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile for Just Carpet Cleaning
Name: Just Carpet Cleaning
Phone: (916) (I deleted it)
Address: Roseville (I deleted actual address)

Roseville, CA 95747
File Open Date: January 2007 (wrong)
Type of Business: Carpet & Rug Cleaning/Dyeing (Dyeing? no)
BBB Accreditation: Just Carpet Cleaning is not a BBB Accredited business. Say it aint' so Joe

The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company
Definition...."Just carpet cleaning didn't give us money so they are crap"

Customer Complaint History for Just Carpet Cleaning
BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about Just Carpet Cleaning in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

"0 complaints" and it's a B- rating? Scam.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
How many consumers understand that the BBB is a pay to play entity? After becoming a business owner, I checked out the BBB and blew a gasket when I found out how much the rating and logo use cost, or that it even cost a dime. I think I only discovered that $$ was an issue was after giving up my stats on an online form. Impartial my arse. Unbiased perceived is unbiased achieved. Just another directory.

I HATE THE BBB.

They have screwed me in the past for sure, but a lot of consumers believe in them. I have people all the time tell me they checked me out with the bbb or got my info off the site.

The BBB program I am going to do costs 200 per month or 150 if you pay for extended months. When a customer types in carpet cleaning etc the bbb site will pop up in the sponsored section above the maps. I think a lot of people will click on it as the tag line is "Always start with trust. Find a BBB acredited business." After they click they are taken to a BBB site where only businesses particpating in the program will come up not all the members. There should only be a few carpet cleaners. The order of the list is changed after each click.

Having an A+ rating and a site only helps the cause. It should be money well spent. Plus people will less likely be price shopping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom