Be careful

ChuckR

Be very careful of pets when you are in someones home. I had a stupid Fuc$%# painter in my house yesterday finishing up a job that should have been done a week ago. He lets my dog out and she gets hit and killed. It was a very sad last night my kids are crushed we had her for six years. So just be aware of peoples pet when you are in there homes.

John Watson

I also feel your loss about pets, It is hard for children to understand.

But, We talk about this all the time. Who is responceable for the pet??? You were.

The painter just like us carpet cleaners have to go back and forth to our trucks, doors are left open, We are not pet sitters. As I said I feel for your loss, but your blaming the wrong person.....

Rex Tyus

John Watson said:
I also feel your loss about pets, It is hard for children to understand.

But, We talk about this all the time. Who is responceable for the pet??? You were.

The painter just like us carpet cleaners have to go back and forth to our trucks, doors are left open, We are not pet sitters. As I said I feel for your loss, but your blaming the wrong person.....

Ditto. That is what pet carriers are for. Or take him to a relative or real sitter while the work is being done. I too am sorry for your loss. But you are blaming the wrong person.

I find it very inconsiderate and unrealistic for someone to expect me to watch their pet for them while I am working.

DRScrivner

I agree John that he shares SOME of the responsibility.

However the painter failed to so care and concern for his clients valuables (yes pets are valuable to pet owners).

So the painter does share in the responsibility as well.

You could play attorney and waste time arguing back and forth who is the most responsible and NEVER come to a true conclusion. In the end there were some missed opportunities to prevent the accident by all parties present.

Although I live very happily animal free, I have had many dogs, hamsters, mice, fish and what not growing up. I feel very sorry for your loss and the kids most of all as this is very difficult for them.

ChuckR

I did not know he was coming over he was told from the first time he was here to put her in a room if we were not there. He has a habbit of just leaving the doors open we have asked him to keep them closed. Our dog would not go out unless you told her to go out she would just sit by the door. The painter said he let her out so I do blame him.

DRScrivner

Well that adds more details and changes the light of things.

Some people will still argue it isn't his fault.

In the long road I suggest you not focus on fault as it will not change that you have experienced a loss, in fact it will allow it to linger longer.

I feel sorry for your family.

MerCrewser

I love pets, but want nothing to do with my customers. I force myself to become visibly irritated when customers do not take responsibilty for their pets, children, or fragile items. Some customers just refuse to care, but I know that will all change when something bad happens. I stop work till problem is resolved. Sorry for your loss, painter shouldnt have let the dog out.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My stupid step-son, who was working for a competitor of mine..... poofed a real small dog wit the wand.......one time!

and it feel over DEAD...I SWEAR! So he puts it back on it's bed....and didn't say anything!

IT WAS DEAD!!!! ALL CURLED UP!

There is someone reading this right now that knows this is a true story......maybe Tom will come on and verify this story!

Rex Tyus

ChuckR said:
I did not know he was coming over he was told from the first time he was here to put her in a room if we were not there. He has a habbit of just leaving the doors open we have asked him to keep them closed. Our dog would not go out unless you told her to go out she would just sit by the door. The painter said he let her out so I do blame him.

The fact that he came over without you expecting him certainly changes things. That in and of itself is a whole different problem.

Again I am sorry for your loss. I have never been to touchy feely when it comes to pets but I know how important they are to some.

This thread does bring attention to an important topic. Make sure your customers secure their pets before you start work. There is no way you can do your job and monitor them. Goes double for kids. Be polite but be firm.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
we were cleaning at a house last year, looked up the street and a guy was driving off in his big/tall 4X4 truck

the neighbor comes out of his garage waving at the guy driving the truck, the guy in the truck starts to wave back thinking his neighbor is just trying to say hi to him but he is really trying to get him to stop

the guy in the 4X4 runs over his neighbor's dog

just terrible

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sorry about your loss.

Doesn't apply to your case after I'm done with the quote, I explain to the customer about the hoses, noise...ect. Then I say "do you have any pets or small wild children that would run out?"

Albert

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sorry to hear of this... I can't handle the death of anything close to me very well so I don't have any animals.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There are animal people and then the real assholes who don't give a crap.

when I was a kid, my dog got out and ended up dead on the road. I found him dead driving with my step dad. Cried my friggen eyes out.
A couple of days later I was talking to my neighbor and told her about it. She said...
"yea I say it get hit by a car comming over the hill." :shock:
Bitch. Didn't even come tell us.
Disowned.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
sorry for your loss..i would have gone out of my mind..cant really say what i would have done but it would not have been good. our dogs are our kids..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Sorry to hear about your CHILD...dog & animal lovers understand you, the ones that never owned a pet really don't know the difference between a dog and a child, so don't bother telling them. From what you've told us it was the painter's fault, if you can get some legal action, i would do it immediately. It's 100% percent the painter's fault from what you are saying it happened. Some people just don't give a crap about people's home, pets, or kids. We are in their home to begin with, if you don't like pets that is your problem, not the homeowners.

Sue the guy.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Sorry to hear about your dog. I lost my 9 year old yellow lab in July suddenly and could not go without another. I went to pick up a new one and could not decide so I took sisters.
dogggg.jpg

Rex Tyus

tmdry said:
Sorry to hear about your CHILD...dog & animal lovers understand you, the ones that never owned a pet really don't know the difference between a dog and a child, so don't bother telling them. From what you've told us it was the painter's fault, if you can get some legal action, i would do it immediately. It's 100% percent the painter's fault from what you are saying it happened. Some people just don't give a crap about people's home, pets, or kids. We are in their home to begin with, if you don't like pets that is your problem, not the homeowners.

Sue the guy.

There is no way you are a native Floridian. Unless you grew up in West Palm?

Sue the guy? GMAFB! Chances are the painter is an out of work relative to begin with and we aren't getting the whole story. Chances of getting a lawyer to take that case would be DAMN SLIM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom