Been slangin the protector

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ive sold scotchgard to 4 out of 5 of my last residential customers. Got some neat marketing material from jon don including a snazzy scotchgard logo to go on a pump sprayer. The stuff really sells its self, love getting that ticket price . I think I am gonna really try harder to push solvent protector on upholstery.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Funny, I just started pushing protector more too. Sold 5 out of the last 8 jobs this past few days.

I just still need to get a straight answer from encap manufacturers: can you or can you not spray protector on padcapped carpet?

Again, if the encap -as some claims- will shatter away after it dries, how the hell will the protector work? Protector supposed to dry on the fabric and stay on it- protecting. And that just doesn't make sense working together with encap...

Although there is for example the encapu clean with maxim from bridgepoint..I don't understand.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Well..some manufacturer says that encap is not drying and shattering away...and that is just marketing bs..but a good encap should just coat the fabric to stop from wicking and to provide some level of protection.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Well..some manufacturer says that encap is not drying and shattering away...and that is just marketing bs..but a good encap should just coat the fabric to stop from wicking and to provide some level of protection.

At least some people have figured out the way DuPont intended for a good encap to work !

A good Encap coats the fiber with an acrylic polymer . . .

just as a fluorochemical coats the fiber with a polymer.

A fluorochemical IS compatible with our film-forming Dynachem Encapsulate.

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Steve Smith of VacAway says something like his products make the fiber slicker with no sticky residue, so the soil vacuums away. Not real sure how it works but it does work! :icon_cool:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What do yall charge for protector? Half the cleaning charge used to be the convention, but that seems high to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom