Been trying grease eraser

Name
Andy McFadden
Got 4 jobs under my belt so far with it. I can now see why some guys love it.

Cleans outstanding , but can't say yet if it's better then other products I tried. need more jobs with it.

One interesting thing,, I did a job that I had cleaned several times before and always got a real strong wet dog smell, this time with grease eraser no smell at all. I was so shocked about this, I started to think my sense of smell wasn't working, so I asked my wife if she smelled anything and she said no.

I even put my nose right down on the carpet and nothing but a mild clean fresh smell. Maybe a fluke, or maybe this stuff as some serious deodorizing ability?. Will see how it continues to work.

I love trying out new stuff, it keeps the boredom from taking over.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
There isn't any deodorizing properties in Grease Eraser as far as I know, but the reason I have used it for the last 25 years, aside from it's excellent results, is that it is not in the least bit unhealthy to breath in (and ingest in your system) due to it being a phosphate based cleaner. I've had a few customers who say they are very sensitive to chemicals and fragrances and they aren't effected whatsoever when I prespray it in their presence.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Got 4 jobs under my belt so far with it. I can now see why some guys love it.

Cleans outstanding , but can't say yet if it's better then other products I tried. need more jobs with it.

One interesting thing,, I did a job that I had cleaned several times before and always got a real strong wet dog smell, this time with grease eraser no smell at all. I was so shocked about this, I started to think my sense of smell wasn't working, so I asked my wife if she smelled anything and she said no.

I even put my nose right down on the carpet and nothing but a mild clean fresh smell. Maybe a fluke, or maybe this stuff as some serious deodorizing ability?. Will see how it continues to work.

I love trying out new stuff, it keeps the boredom from taking over.

I usually keep a pail around for resturant cleaning. Nothing beats Grease Eraser for resty grease. Hot prespray, dwell and agitate, rinse with little emulsion.I use Procyon. (I add Proliminator "Sunshine" for added fragrance and deodorizing). For regular everyday cleaning, I use Flex.

It is a little pricey.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I've been using it for years. Good stuff! Linda and Sandy are very nice ladies.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I'm going to have to give this a try because I've heard so many good things about it. I currently use enzall for the jobs you're using greaser eraser on

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Andy;

For a powder to have deodorizing ability . . .

it must have an effective oxidizing agent.

We utilize one in our PowerMax, for that purpose.

If you have any other comparison questions,

feel free to give me a call.

Larry

Name
Andy McFadden
Thanks Larry,
That's why I was so shocked on the odor control on this job, no oxy or enzymes in the product. May be just a fluke.

Vivers,
That's exactly why I had to try it, been hearing about it for years , Just had to finally try it out.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We use grease eater at the transition from greasy kitchen tile to carpet tracked through by staff. great results..

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ive had an on again off again relationship with grease eraser. I love how it mixes so easily, cleans great, proven track record. Im not crazy about the price or the fact that its diluted at 3 oz per gallon . I like my extreme clean by pros choice . dilutes at one scoop per gallon. I wonder how grease eraser would perform at 2 oz per gallon

Name
Andy McFadden
I]ve been using it at 2 oz per gallon, and it's kicking arse!! Art suggested in a few posts using it at 1.5 or 2 oz per gallon, 3 oz per gallon is intended for resturants or trashed residential.

Did another job this Moring with every kind of spot, I brought the fels in and some all solv, and a spray bottle of 40 vol. Only thing I had to use was the 40 vol on two pee stains, the grease eraser took everything else out including color crayon (or maybe it was marker)

It is starting to become one of my favorite products.

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Andy McFadden
Just wanted to up date on my first post about seeming odor control with this product. I looked at the ingredient list and it has sodium carbonate in it. I wonder if that could be why I have noticed deodorizing ability? I talked to a friend about it today and he said that the sodium carbonate makes oxygen. That would make sense cause I do notice it removes organic stains very well.

aside from that, this product continues to impress me and I like it more each day.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I know about PERcarbonate,
but , what I learned today is that sodium carbonate (no PER) releases oxygen. unless I Got the wrong info?
No, sodium carbonate is what's left after the oxygen is gone. Soda Ash is another name for it, at less than 50 cents per pound its often used as a filler or to make handling sodium percarbonate easier.

Reactions: Able 1

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee is correct.

Sodium Carbonate is mainly a filler in powders that does add some pH.

It is one ingredient that should not be used in carpet cleaning formulations.

The reason for that is the poor rinsing capability,

and "greying" tendency with repeated cleanings.

Larry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom