Before getting into carpet cleaning

Becker

Name
Becker
Had you ever hired a company for a professional carpet clenaing?

Me, No..

Closest we ever came was a free cleaning by the beloved Kirby sales people.

I was a kid, yes they the kirby.. But I think it was only to get them to leave. I had a feeling I was going to be sharing my room with the sales person as long as they stayed.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
mom use to shampoo the carpet with the electrolux when we were kids, then put down bath towels over the whole carpet and we walked all over the towels

lived in an apartment once where the carpet cleaner came out and the carpet was still wet the next day after cleaning, that was back when the hydracat was the deluxe model

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
F'n Kirby tried to give me a free cleaning last week. They even saw my van. What a coupla rubes.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
F'n Kirby tried to give me a free cleaning last week. They even saw my van. What a coupla rubes.

:lol:

There's companies asking for a free cleaning that knock on my door all the time. Van right in front of their eyes...haha

Chemdry used to clean my carpet. They were cleaning my house at the time for the last time before renting it out. I was looking for a franchise opportunity at that time. When the dude was finished , I gave him the payment $216.00 if I remember right. At that moment a lightbulb flashed and the rest was history :mrgreen:

Albert

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dirk said:

ditto....

and i get smart with them to...."did ya NOT see the truck there??""

why would i spend the re-cockulas amount of money on your fookin vac??

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we were too poor for heat and lights let alone carpet cleaning.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My parents bought one of the first Chem-Drys in 78. I was 7...so I don't remember ever NOT owning a carpet cleaning company.

I did, however have Baby Safe clean our apartment here a while back just to check them out and they did a great job for next to nothing. Carpets Still look fine.

I'm still not sure how they stay in business.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
My Mom used to call Stanley Steemer. I think they were the only ones who would come all the way to where we lived. It pretty much always took them 2 cleanings to get it right, it got to the point she just planned for 2 separate days for cleanings but in there defense they always came back and never complained about it, at least not to her face.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Can't remember ever having carpets cleaned when I was growing up. We would sweep the few carpets we had with a broom.
I tried a shampoo in a can once, scrubbed it in, let it dry, used the Cleartrac to vacuum it. didn't really do a good job, but there was little loose soil in it :D

Opie Cleaner

I had 4 different cleaners in my home before I started my business.

one left the whole house smelling like chems for 2-3 days, one left carpets so wet they took over a day to dry, 1 didn't protect floor under sleeper and left rust stains, one had spots come back almost immediately. It was this experience that led me to this industry. I'm starting my 3rd year and have lots of happy customers that refer me to their friend and family. I went OP to provide a different experience and heavily promote green cleaning. Clean, green and dry in 1 hour has been very popular and quite profitable.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I am sure it is profitable. No truckmoun using gas... I love your type of cleaning.. Especially when your customer calls me a week later saying spots are returning.. So i love it, I make lots of money and new customers off of it! Not knocking you.. But, honestly you cannot clean a nasty apartment or a restaurant with your type.. Been there done that. As long as your customers are happy. They are not from your type of cleaning here..

Opie Cleaner said:
I had 4 different cleaners in my home before I started my business.

one left the whole house smelling like chems for 2-3 days, one left carpets so wet they took over a day to dry, 1 didn't protect floor under sleeper and left rust stains, one had spots come back almost immediately. It was this experience that led me to this industry. I'm starting my 3rd year and have lots of happy customers that refer me to their friend and family. I went OP to provide a different experience and heavily promote green cleaning. Clean, green and dry in 1 hour has been very popular and quite profitable.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I believe that any method will get the carpet clean and keep it clean, if it is done correctly. I watched a guy clean carpet on his hands and knees with brushes and sponges. I worked great, but it took what felt like forever.

I have never hired a CC. I used a do-it-yourself machine before I knew better.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Never had the carpets cleaned that I remember growing up as a kid in the 70's and 80's.

We had Chem Dry come and have a go at a big red wine stain about a year before I started looking at carpet cleaning and couldn't get it out. Before that I tried to get a brown stain out of a wool carpet in a house we were renting, by dripping chlorine bleach onto it - fibre eventually just disappeared before my eyes... The penny dropped later when reading up on fibre ID methods in Wittcamps book :oops: Ironic now, with lots of customers that rely on my stain removal skills lol.

Opie Cleaner

joeynbgky said:
I am sure it is profitable. No truckmoun using gas... I love your type of cleaning.. Especially when your customer calls me a week later saying spots are returning.. So i love it, I make lots of money and new customers off of it! Not knocking you.. But, honestly you cannot clean a nasty apartment or a restaurant with your type.. Been there done that. As long as your customers are happy. They are not from your type of cleaning here..

Ha Ha, nasty apartments and restaurants! Whats next, working nights and weekends??? Maybe if I had a huge TM nut to pay... No thanks.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I did 12 units down New Seabury this weekend and have 36 more scheduled, that would have payed for a decent truckmount in 3 weeks worth the weekends. Good truckmounts don't cost they pay.

Opie Cleaner

Greg Crowley said:
I did 12 units down New Seabury this weekend and have 36 more scheduled, that would have payed for a decent truckmount in 3 weeks worth the weekends. Good truckmounts don't cost they pay.

Hey Greg, long time no see, good to see your busy, I was playing the Ocean course there yesterday shiteatinggrin

Your right about TM's and I'd have one if that's how I wanted to clean. I'm very happy with the process I use and it works for me.

New logo looks good btw! and thanks again for offering your help when I got started.

Joey, those custys of mine that keep calling you, please refer them to Greg as he's a lot closer and it's be easier for him to service them :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That shows the difference I guess, I was working you were golfing.. Good job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom