Behr Claw

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Day one with my Behr claw and all I know is its not as easy as the video makes it look. Couldnt get it on tac strip real good and when I slid it down the wall it would come loose from the tac strip.

I am definatly not saying that it is the behr claws fault. I have very little experience strecthing carpet, so I'm sure it is mostly my fault.

Is it easier or harder using just a knee kicker than the behr claw? The guy who installed my parents carpet only used a knee kicker.

Is it neccessary to have a power stretcher?

Going to install 3 rooms in my house this week to get some practice. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Power stretching is required for any stretched in installation. if an installer knee kicked your parents carpet... he voided the entire warranty of that carpet. its not optional. The ONLY places a kicker is used to do any stretching is small closets where you can't physically get a stetcher head or on stairs. other than that the kicker is a positioning tool only.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The BEhr Claw does take some practice to get used to. But I would not expect a first time user to handle a power stretcher with no problems on the firts job either.

The guy who installed a carpet with a knee kicker simply did not do a professional job, did not foloow standards and may have voided the warranty (depending on the reason for the claim).

After a little practice, the BEhr Claw is a good tool for doing restretches, removing buckles and ripples and wrinkles and such. The kind of jobs you probably see needed a couple of times every week.

It is also good for reinstalling carpet after a water damage situation.

New installs are best if done with a power stretcher but can be done with a Behr Claw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom