Belly Mount Propane

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Can someone post me a link and name of who makes belly mount propane tanks and the setup that I would need to connect a propane heater to the tanks. Are there kits or you have to buy piece by piece?

Thanks,

Bill

T

The Magician

check your local propane company. they should have them or can order one. You might want to contact Cobbs carpet or Duane Oxly.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
tmdry said:
Can someone post me a link and name of who makes belly mount propane tanks and the setup that I would need to connect a propane heater to the tanks. Are there kits or you have to buy piece by piece?

Thanks,

Bill

You can call me about it. We can ship, or have drop- shipped, whatever you need with regard to propane tanks, hoses, regulators, etc. And I can explain what you need to know, answer questions, etc.

Duane

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
call les--- bill with an s
he can hook ya up with everything ya need \no 2nd guessing

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
handdi said:
bill with an s

:mrgreen:

I just looked at the map and I was about a hour from Les (was in Gastonia/Charlotte on Sat), but it was last minute and on a Saturday too, and would've been a 8 hour drive back home. :cry:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Make sure you are legally allowed to install it yourself where you live. Here it is supposed to be installed by a dot approved service center. The whole "bomb" driving down the road thing.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Is there anyway to keep those things from rusting away and looking like crap? It happens real fast here in the north.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Shane T said:
Is there anyway to keep those things from rusting away and looking like crap? It happens real fast here in the north.
I have 26 # tank on my box truck still looks like new, but you have to clean them once in awhile shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

T

The Magician

Paint it with por 15. They usualyy stay in good shape for a long time. por15.com

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
How do I know which size tank do I need for my van? I have a 01 Savanna 2500.

On my TM manual it says I can have 3 sizes, 10, 13. 16.5 gallons. I assume they're all the same just can carry more propane and possibly heavier? Any thoughts on the size.

I'd like to get a little bit more information on this thread before I contact the companies above.

Thanks, Bill

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
You can use whatever size you can fit under the van.

The most common is a 10" Diameter x 32" Long, which has an L.P. Capacity of about 7.5 gal. (W.C.- water capacity- is 10 gal.)

Next (in my experience) is a 10" x 40" Long, which has an L.P. Capacity of about 10 gal. (W.C. is 12.5 gal.)

I'm not sure what the next larger size is in the 10" diameter line of tanks.

The next larger diameter is 12", but many vans don't have a cavity that allows a 12" diameter tank, so they're not commonly stocked in our industry.

10 x 40 is about as long as I've seen in a carpet cleaning application, even though we have one currently that's 12" x 48" for a box truck application.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks Duane for the info, makes more sense now.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
As long as we are on the subject of propane, I am looking for another large propane tank. RV size for a box truck. In the 34 gallon size range.
Al
541-659-0680

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom