Belt drive refridgeration vans

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I was going through some older vehicle brochures and found a 2007 Dodge Sprinter pamphlet that lists an auxiliary belt drive as an option. Has anyone ever taken a try at installing a clutch-drive in one of these vans?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was going through some older vehicle brochures and found a 2007 Dodge Sprinter pamphlet that lists an auxiliary belt drive as an option. Has anyone ever taken a try at installing a clutch-drive in one of these vans?
At one time, power take offs were installed on the drive shafts of vans and other vehicles. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Aerotech still uses that system. I think farm machinery suppliers may have some systems that may be adaptable for carpet cleaning. One of the first truck mounts I ever used had a crude system where we had a separate shift lever to engage the PTO, which also prevented power going to the differential.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
vac trucks are ran off a PTO. They have to watch the temperature of the transmission because the it stays running. But shouldn't be hard to hook up a transmission cooler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom