BELT SIZES

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jeremy said:
What size belts (all sizes please) for a Powermatic 1150?

I just looked in my manual, Germ
they don't list sizes or a part number

see if you can see any numbers on your old belt

The pump and generator belt (the only belts on a PM) are a bit of a PITA to change, cause you have to separate the coupler which involves unbolting the motor and sliding it forward.
Good news is, the pump belt lasts forever.
(note, we rarely run at pressure washer PSI though)
Never shreaded the a generator belt either

if you're going to go thru the trouble of separating the coupler to change the belts, may as well toss in a new coupler insert as well.
Unless the previous owner changed the stock coupler to a different type, I'm 99% sure it's a #8 Woods coupler
(Lovejoy inserts are compatible too I believe)

The generator belt is either a cogged flat belt, or a double set of standard V-belts

again, they don't list the size or pt number

the V-belts won't be hard to find, but don't know where you'd find the flat cogged belt locally...maybe Grainger
(if that's what belt is on your generator...if you even have a working gen on it)
Many don't, and just a run an extension cord to power the heater.
(the only reason there's a generator on a PM is to power the Wayne burner)

Jeff at Steamway Express is "my" go to guy when I need Powermatic specific parts or info

Steamway Express
3422 New Zoarville Rd Ne, Zoarville, Ohio 44656
(330) 859-1011

I figure Olson could help you too, as he's listed as a Steamway disty

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Sounds like this might be a good place to try a PowerTwist belt. Check with Greenie, he may still have some in stock.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane T said:
Sounds like this might be a good place to try a PowerTwist belt. Check with Greenie, he may still have some in stock.

are those the ones you can change like a bike chain/master link set up?
(for lack of a better analogy )

That would be the cat's ass if so.
It would be a cinch to change belts then and WELL worth the additional cost to avoid the PITA factor

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Larry, Yes, you just insert the end in and twist. Then you adjust the tension. I have some but have not used it yet. Heard some say it works well for pump applications. It may not work for the gen if its a cogged drive belt.

Back
Top Bottom