Benefits of a Greenglide??

A couple of months ago I injured my back, major pulled muscle, and was in pain....a lot of pain for about a week. Thanx to my Green Glide (and electric hose reel) I was able to work that week!

You can wand one handed if need be with them!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Benefits:
Much improved drying times.
Much easier to move the wand, so less fatigue.

Draw backs:
You have to prevacuum. A glided wand will not pick up debris. You can go to a hybrid wand to help in this matter, but you lose some mobility in the process.

The glide elevates the jets to the point that you encounter overspray on some wand models (might be all models, for all I know) which necessitates addition drying passes to remove it.

Rescue

What is the hybrid version and how does it work.

As for the hippie out in Santa Cruz well I guess "I'm out," I am not going to support your patchouli oil smell!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Draw backs:
You have to prevacuum. A glided wand will not pick up debris. You can go to a hybrid wand to help in this matter, but you lose some mobility in the process.

Addendum:

Draw backs:
You have to prevacuum. A glided wand will not pick up debris if you rely on a #33 wimpy ass blower to ""clean" with. You can go to a hybrid wand to help in this matter, but you lose some mobility in the process.

KBRENNY

I know someone is going to dispute Mikey on this and I have to say after going from a 4mp to a 56 (both spun at max speed), I have noticed considerably more junk my filter now and I use a hole glide. Not even so much debris as a dark grey fiberous "gunk" that is stopped at the filter I never saw before in 7 years cleaning.

KBRENNY

Only running 15" HG, but got the 2.5.

Does your 6008 still run at the vortex factory speed? I think they spin it at 80% to 85% full speed possibly for noise, I am actually spinning my 56 at full speed which should put us close in CFM. You got my but kicked in the lift department though.

Kevin, good to hear you got the machine finished.

Mike, How's a 6008 @ 20hg spinning at 2500 and pulling 3 wands sound to yous?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rescue said:
Thinking of buying one of these greenglides Can you guys explain to me the benefits?

ease of wanding.

If you're a "wand scrubber", you may not like them, cause you'll loose some of the agitation properties of an unglided wand.

If you don't vac regularly, (or don't intend to) buy the slot glide

..L.T.A.

Greenie

A SteamAction will shut down at 20"hg, more like 18"hg if you want to throw around numbers, but why on earth you would build a machine with a 68 blower and use 1.5" lead hose and 1.5" wands I will never know, just takes that 18"hg and knocks it down to the level of everyone else.

G

I used the lips and didnt like them.. Carpets took longer to dry.. So I've been glideless for over a year.. :lol:

Greenie said:
A SteamAction will shut down at 20"hg, more like 18"hg if you want to throw around numbers, but why on earth you would build a machine with a 68 blower and use 1.5" lead hose and 1.5" wands I will never know, just takes that 18"hg and knocks it down to the level of everyone else.

You talk'n to me Green horn?

And no my machine will pull 20" all day, it shuts down @ 21/22 or what ever I set it at. No 1.5" hose here! LOL

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
No, he's just talking about stock S/A's. He gets frustrated when he sees so much potential all bottled up like that.

Take care,
Lisa

I know what you mean. On the large SA we just purchased, it came with 3 1.5" wands and whips. I'm making some changes then put her to work. Might need another wand too. If not TI then the greenhorn one.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
When I got my tm I thought my shoulders were not going to hold out. Was having lots of discomfort after a busy week of dragging the wand back and forth. The hybrid glide made a huge difference. No more shoulder discomfort.

The hybrid will also suck up a lot of debris.

Did not notice the improved dry times that some report. I have only been in this tm gig for the last 7 months but couldn't imagine running without a glide.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
use one for about a month...............

then take it off for a day of cleaning............

all your questions will be answered..........................

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think the answers would come if you cleaned very similar areas with a glided and unglided wand. I plan to do that this week. If I was in this to keep things easy I would keep my avenger 450 and my 2 jet unglided wand and just sprayed and returned what I could. I want better, I want clean and dry and if my glide doesn't cut the mustard vs unglided it is gone. My job would be tougher without it but I care about clean and dry. I am thinking the glide will win. We will see weds.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greg Crowley said:
I think the answers would come if you cleaned very similar areas with a glided and unglided wand. I plan to do that this week. .

I've done two side by side evaluations on the heavy wt cut pile in my home.
I have a notched Ti wand, so it's easy for me to change from hole glide to slot.
I pre-sprayed, and wanded everything as same as possible.

immediately after cleaning, it seemed like the hole glide was clearly drier.
However, after 15 minutes I couldn't tell the difference in either side.

"complete" dry times were too close for any meaningful difference.

..L.T.A.

John Watson

We used lips for 2 years, thought thats all we needed. Got Glided with a holed glide in March (we do vacuum every job), I refuse to clean without a glide on my wand now!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom