Bentley Wand

dday

I am in need of a new wand, and I have pretty much decided upon a Bentley 14". I am hoping someone here may be able to help me with a few questions:

1) From what I have read, it seems as though there have been problems with over-spray/side-splashing with this wand. Has this issue been resolved as Mytee claims on their video?

2) Any comments from those who are using the swivel head design? I certainly like the idea on paper, but how has it worked out in the real world of day to day residential carpet cleaning?

3) The pictures I see at distributors websites all show external glides, but Mytee claims that wand has been outfitted with an internal glide. Which is it? Does anyone know? How do I know a distributo isn't sending me an older model with problems rather than the latest model with,presumably, at least some of the initial issue resolved?

I am leaning toward the 14" swivel with gun valve, and any suggestions on distributors would be appreciated as I see jon don does not carry this wand.

Thank you,

David

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dday said:
I am in need of a new wand, and I have pretty much decided upon a Bentley 14". I am hoping someone here may be able to help me with a few questions:

1) From what I have read, it seems as though there have been problems with over-spray/side-splashing with this wand. Has this issue been resolved as Mytee claims on their video?

2) Any comments from those who are using the swivel head design? I certainly like the idea on paper, but how has it worked out in the real world of day to day residential carpet cleaning?

3) The pictures I see at distributors websites all show external glides, but Mytee claims that wand has been outfitted with an internal glide. Which is it? Does anyone know? How do I know a distributo isn't sending me an older model with problems rather than the latest model with,presumably, at least some of the initial issue resolved?

I am leaning toward the 14" swivel with gun valve, and any suggestions on distributors would be appreciated as I see jon don does not carry this wand.

Thank you,

David

its a damn shame you're on the wrong side PA, Dave.
or you could be here in an hour or two and I'd let you borrow mine...it's like new.

It's 14" swivel and I installed the latest and greatest manifold just a couple weeks ago
(thanks John for sending me one)

forget the gun jet.
It will put the wand head at too low an angle for good vac recovery (unless you're Mike's height)

Shane hates the wand (because of the swivel head) Cody likes the wand .
The swivel has it's virtues IMO

It's a jet spray pile distorting wand at 450 psi on cut piles
It was no better after the manifold change .
On a heavy soiled carpet, i have little doubt it will streak
(though we've never cleaned a trashed carpet with it cause it has been used so little ) so I can't "definitively" it will streak.
But given the observations I've made of the jet spray distortion, I'm 97.25% sure it'll leave "extra clean" streaks on a soiled rag .
At least with "our" wanding style.

If you want to pay the shipping (it ain't cheap ..prob'ly 60 bukz or better, due to the length) I'll box it up and let you try it.
I have the internal glide on it , but also have a brand new unused genuine GreenBackstrain Reliever for it .

If you like it, I'll sell it to you ($450 ) minus 1/2 the shipping cost
(It's like brand new)

If you don't like it, ship 'er back

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have the latest version. No swivle, standard trigger set up. Metal slot glide with no bridges.

IMO it cleans great, no issues with streaking or over spray once the proper set up is achieved.

There are issues with how the manifold is put together and John is working on a fix. As place, due to the type of threading used and no lock nuts, the alignment of the pipes, jets and elbows are far too easily bumped out of place.

I love the light weight and the aggressiveness of the glide.(although it does need a slot to prevent collapsing but those aholes @ chem who wont play ball, yet.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I made a ceiling wand holder for it to keep it from being smacked around, which happens in a tight truck.

The fact that the manifold "can" be adjusted isn't all bad. On cut pile or plush carpet the distance from the jet to the carpet face can be increased a bit to eliminate jet distortion (which can happen with any wand).

Just flip the wand up and visually assure the jets are all in line. No problem, and worth it for a tool that really increases productivity.

Bob Foster

I like my Bentley no swivel with the Greenglide and have the new manifold on it. But it hasn't gone out of wack for me yet but I'm super careful with it. It wouldn't take much of a knock to put it out of alignment.

Are there pictures available of the new head?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Got a bentley 14. Xl for tall people. But I'm only 5 9 . Perfect height. Would not be without the swivel.. ever. No streaking either

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

dday

Thank you for the responses fellas. So one question now is should I await for Mytee to fix the current manifold issue or buy now? I really would like to at least hold one in my hand, before making the decision. Thank you for the offer Larry, I may just take you up on it. I am going to be in NYC a couple of days next week, so maybe I'see see if I can find a distributor up there where I can try the Bentley as well as a few others out. By the way Larry, is yours the composite black or the stainless steel. It seems as though the early wands were stainless or aluminum(?) and the newer models are composite.

Thank you,

David

dday

I would also say I really want a wand were I do not have to be constantly adjusting pipres and jet angles. I really would like to just hook it up and go. The Bentley is starting to sound a bit too much like a project - or am I rong on that?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
mine's a carbon fiber tube, Dave
Bought a little over a year ago (at the previous Mikefest in Nashville)

I "think" it has the "potential" to be a great wand
But needs some design changes to get it there

..L.T.A.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
We love ours, sold one TI so far 14" carbon with swiwel. Upgraded manifold. Use it every day for 2 years so far. Swivel is starting to loosen up a little I noticed from all the use....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I've got an older demo one with a GG Back Strain Reliever you can have for $300 plus shipping. You would probably want to get the upgraded manifold and if your tall this one won't work as it is not an XL. I would really like to get rid of it as I am tired of looking at it. The Back Strain Reliver is brand new and cost nearly as much as i'm asking for the whole thing.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
David;

Here is a good side view at the carpet:

Bent%20SS%20Manif.jpg

The new manifold is stable for many of my customers currently using it.

It has solved any splashing issues.

The swivel helps in cleaning houses,

where it cleans around corners and under beds.

We have used internal and external glides. The GG external one shown above is the one we prefer.

Larry

dday

Thank you for the pic and the additional information, Larry. I have another question concerning the glide. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to wands. I have never used a glided wand. The reason is that I CRB every job, and even with a prevac the CRB will bring up globs of carpet fuzz, hair balls, etc. With my good old fashioned wand, most of these are simply slurped up through the vacuum slot and into my inline pre-filter. My concern, which may or may not be legitimate, is that with a glided wand is clogging. What size gunk, if any, can fit up through tone of those GG's?

Thank you,

David

PCCN

Not sure about any improvements in last couple of years but I bought one when they first began to advertise the heck outta them. Though it would be a great help in getting under restaurant tables and keep us from bangin our knuckles on the edges of those that were bolted to the wall/floor. Not so much a help. The one we ended up with is the short version. It did come with the external wand. We contacted Mytee and FINALLY got one of the "new" internal glides that were were constantly told was (and I quote) "stuck on a ship in route from China". I put the original external glide back on. The swivel is a good theory but realistically it doesn't give much benefit at all. It does require a good deal more control and effort to turn and straighten your passes but then again any half wit cleaner can do that with ease with any regular wand. Before I bought mine I was told it could be used without any glides (I'm not a big fan of them on any wand because of the loss of vacuum)

Basically the best thing I liked about the Bentley is the swivel solution hose connection. Very convenient. But, after checking with my local hose supplier, I now have those exact swivels on ALL my hand tools, wands, RX20, etc.

To each his own, just be very informed before forking out the money for it. Sounds like youre on the right path with that.

Bob Foster

dday said:
Thank you for the pic and the additional information, Larry. I have another question concerning the glide. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to wands. I have never used a glided wand. The reason is that I CRB every job, and even with a prevac the CRB will bring up globs of carpet fuzz, hair balls, etc. With my good old fashioned wand, most of these are simply slurped up through the vacuum slot and into my inline pre-filter. My concern, which may or may not be legitimate, is that with a glided wand is clogging. What size gunk, if any, can fit up through tone of those GG's?

Thank you,

David

Go with a hybrid or slotted. I have the same problem with post GLS crap that comes up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dday said:

Thank you,

David

Dave, our hole glides look like new .....cause they don't clean cut piles deep enough for me.
I'm not even sure where our hole glides are .
anyone still using a hole glide, don't know sheet about CCing

Hybrid is a little better .

slot is the way to go...it won't clog any more or less than an unglided wand
You lose some agitation with a slot glide, but if you're CRBing, you've provided the agitation.
The greatest virtue of a glide is the ease of which the wand moves forward .
Some wands will push forward easier than others .
The Ti wand (what we use) is a man killer without a glide.

if we went back to the AW29 wand, we wouldn't run glides at all (cause it's an easy wand to push)

BTW, my wand looks just like the pic that Larry Cobb posted ...and just as new
if you ever get over to the other side of your state, holler .
I'm an hour and a half from Pittsburgh , and hour and a half from Erie Pa and 55 minutes from junction I-79 and I-80 (Grove City)

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom