Best Choice for Titanium Wand

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
My son in law is thinking of getting a lighter weight wand. He has the 14 inch Greenhorn now.

In checking ebay under "carpet cleaning titanium wand" there are some PMF Mach 15 wands. I never liked the 6 jets with the big gap in the middle, but it appears that there is a new style with 5 jets evenly placed and that are fully adjustable for height and angle. Any one have any experience with this wand?

Also, has the titanium wand that Mike had made with the 4 jets become available?

Quite a bit of price gap between these two wands. Some difference in the glide as well.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Prochem titanium wands are the best in my opinion.

We are using the 6 jet versions and do like them fully pimped out.

Tried Mikey's 4 jet version, but really didn't have enough time on it and in many conditions to be able to tell you enough about it.

Can tell you we really like our six jet at this time and do like them better than the Greenhorns we had.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That vortex777 guy on eBay has a bunch of ti wands right now in varying conditions

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Sounds strange to me getting rid of a tool that lasts a life time much less 6-7. My first thought is they are stole. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Gene

Chris A

Name
Chris
He's been on eBay quite a while with good feedback so I doubt it, but who knows

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It say he bought all new and is selling them great deal probably wants a clean look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

Mark

Is it mainly the weight difference or something else you liked better about the Prochem 6 jet Titanium vs. the Greenhorn?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark

Is it mainly the weight difference or something else you liked better about the Prochem 6 jet Titanium vs. the Greenhorn?

Hey Loren,

The weight is very noticeable, but there is something about the way the thing cleans. Angle of the jets with the extenders on the prochem seems way better.

We had a few streaking issues with the Greenhorn but it still was a good wand in many ways.

Just after having the Prochem Titanium, I would never go back.

I was worried about the gap between the wand tube and honestly, it has never been an issue.

The dang thing just cleans and cleans well!

I have tired some other wands as well since the Prochem Titanium and just didn't feel they had the same punch to them.

It is also a very nice wand for getting under things too.

I have some videos on my YouTube channel cleaning with them as well as my Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

https://www.facebook.com/Saigers?ref=hl

Reactions: SamIam

Mike Draper

be careful when purchasing a used TI wand. Some of the older ones were thicker Titanium and are heavier than the newer ones. My friend has a couple, its a noticeable difference.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It simply a personal choice. Everybody's different. My son likes the Geeenhorn. It's a shorter wand than the Titanium, and the weight makes it bite the carpet better. I like the Ti. I am a tall dude. The Greenhorn works on my back. I wish I could use the Greenhorn. I like the added weight and bite.

gtech12v

They are not stolen he owns a carpet cleaning company, he lives about 1 1/2 hour from me my friend bought a Rotovac from him locally

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Thanks for the feed back. It is helpful.

It looks like no one has any experience with the PMF titanium wand. Maybe I will have to check out the *** board, or maybe a distributor will yet share their knowledge of the Mach 15 and it's changes.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used prochem ti wand. They last forever and can be cleaned up easily. I have 4 of them, 2 of which I bought used. They all look and clean the same now:rockon:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The PMF titanium wand head is pretty big. Don't know if you have seen one in person.

Don't know how it performs, but looks limiting getting under things.

Mark

Steve Smith

Definitely check out the 15" PMF Titanium.

Pros:
Wider than the Prochem Ti
A pound ligher than the Prochem Ti
Better flowing head than the Prochem Ti
"Roof" over the jets helps with heat loss from jets to carpet."
Price. (although its worth as much as the Prochem Ti)
check out http://nosoupforyou.com/product/joe-bilt-pmf-ti-wand/

Cons:
Thinner wall metal?
Spray bar? (fixed by Joe at http://nosoupforyou.com/product/joe-bilt-pmf-ti-wand/)

I use this wand daily with a GG hybrid glide.
(yes I did buy it from JB because he has the best spray bar and glide for the PMF Ti)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I can't attest as per how well that wand works and I trust Steve.

This does not relate to the one you may buy from PMF or other suppliers. However, if the JB version has the same spray bar (adjustable shear) as I had on my JB wand, stay away from it.
Practically hard to adjust, flimsily connected and as a result it gets easily bent by everyday crowded life in the van.

Last edited:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I looked at Joe's web site and saw the kits for the wand. It looks different than the PMF wands on eBay. They look better than JB's and have a round spray bar.

As I recall, the PMF is less than 9 pounds, so the Prochem Ti is a pound heavier? The greenhorn wand is over 11 pounds, right?

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I looked at Joe's web site and saw the kits for the wand. It looks different than the PMF wands on eBay. They look better than JB's and have a round spray bar.

As I recall, the PMF is less than 9 pounds, so the Prochem Ti is a pound heavier? The greenhorn wand is over 11 pounds, right?

I can't remember the exact weight of both the units I have had (I sold my Greenhorns), but the prochem Ti wand is significantly lighter....and just a great cleaning unit.

Jimbo

I think you and your son-in-law would really like the Prochem Titanium wand, Loren...it is my go-to-wand...and it really gets underneath a lot of furniture...

Reactions: Mark Saiger

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
This is the recently redesigned Hydro_force Titanium wand. Early versions had some streaking issues. We made changes to the jets and everyone seems to like the new version. $999.

Hydro-Force Titanium Wand

If it's got to be light and strong, it's got to be titanium!

Weighing in at less than 9 lbs, this 2" heavy-duty truckmount wand with a 15" head will easily, and quickly, power through the toughest jobs. The 5 stainless steel jets provide a wider coverage than most wands and the Teflon glide reduces friction, and more importantly, back fatigue on those days that never seem to end.
A unique feature of the wand is the ability to adjust the depth of the jets. The jets can be moved closer to the carpet to reduce heat loss, or moved back for a wider coverage.
The Hydro-Force Titanium Wand comes standard with the Soft Touch Upholstery valve; the unique design allows you to 'throttle' the valve and reduces wrist and finger fatigue.
Details:

• Titanium construction
  • S-bend 2" tubing
  • Stainless steel jets
  • Stainless steel Soft Touch Valve
  • 15" head
  • VeeJets include strainer and check valve
  • Rated at 1,500 PSI
  • 3 inner 95015 and 2 outer 9501 stainless steel jets
  • Includes a Teflon glide

Name
Bill Soukoreff
The new 5 jet as Scott shows is a great wand. Their are pros and cons with it and the PC Ti. The pro of the Mach 15 is it has noticeably higher airflow. The trade off is the extra height of the attic space.

Scott, you should offer a 02 jet version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
This is the recently redesigned Hydro_force Titanium wand. Early versions had some streaking issues. We made changes to the jets and everyone seems to like the new version. $999.

Hydro-Force Titanium Wand

If it's got to be light and strong, it's got to be titanium!

Weighing in at less than 9 lbs, this 2" heavy-duty truckmount wand with a 15" head will easily, and quickly, power through the toughest jobs. The 5 stainless steel jets provide a wider coverage than most wands and the Teflon glide reduces friction, and more importantly, back fatigue on those days that never seem to end.
A unique feature of the wand is the ability to adjust the depth of the jets. The jets can be moved closer to the carpet to reduce heat loss, or moved back for a wider coverage.
The Hydro-Force Titanium Wand comes standard with the Soft Touch Upholstery valve; the unique design allows you to 'throttle' the valve and reduces wrist and finger fatigue.
Details:

• Titanium construction
  • S-bend 2" tubing
  • Stainless steel jets
  • Stainless steel Soft Touch Valve
  • 15" head
  • VeeJets include strainer and check valve
  • Rated at 1,500 PSI
  • 3 inner 95015 and 2 outer 9501 stainless steel jets
  • Includes a Teflon glide

Looks good on paper. Looks like a lower flow set up like I use. I like how the Jets are set up.

The Clean Machine

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I looked up the missing link for the Hydroforce Titanium. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW79 Evidently the Hydroforce version has the 5 jet modification. It looks to me that the front of the wand is lower than the Prochem Ti. Perhaps the PMF vacuum design allows for better air flow than the Prochem? I would think the same jet would be a better way to go than having two different jets on the outside though. Why not 02's for all 5 jets?

Back
Top Bottom