Best Method for Urine Decontamination???

hanks75

What chemicals, what steps, what cocktails do you use to get rid of urine odor and stains?? Thanks ahead of time guys!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
when doing a urine job on a medium soil job where the custy dont want to replace the pad I do the following. Pre spray with an acid rinse or an all fiber rinse according to instructions. saturate carpet with the acid spray let it dwell for 20 25 mins. rinse out with clear water then apply an enzyme based after spray. this does pretty good for urine but remember because you are presprying with an acid youare not gonna be addressing the dirt in the carpet only the urine and smell. I always tell my custys that a simple carpet cleaning will not destroy pet odors I always recomend the proces I told you or that same process plus cleaning the subfloor changing the pad and cleaning front and back of carpet since that is the only true way to gurantee pet odor removal

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I would love to offer great advice on chems and such but you need to tell us are we working with wool vs synthetic and is it carpet, or area rug, or upholstery, if its an area rug is it tufted, or woven, if its carpet is it glue direct or over pad, what kind of pad, what kind of backing?? see.. details man. Is it a dog or cat or other animal? What has the customer tried before hand. There is no such thing as a kill all in the decontamination game. And probably most importantly is the pet gone or will they have access to the area again...

If I tried to answer and explain steps to each of these questions, you would have a very long post to read and i would be very late getting home!

Answer a few specifics and somebody will be along shortly to give you a good answer to your specific problem. Otherwise we are shooting blindly from the hip!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom