Best of Topeka: Clean goes beyond carpet

Best of Topeka: Clean goes beyond carpet
By Rachel Whitten
Special to The Capital-Journal
Published Sunday, August 10, 2008

As a locally owned business for 41 years, Chavez Restoration is being recognized as the Best Carpet Cleaner in the Best of Topeka contest again this year.

But carpet cleaning is just a small part of Chavez's services. In addition to both residential and commercial carpet cleaning, the business offers upholstery cleaning and area rug cleaning. The crews also can get homes and buildings back to their previous states after fire or water damage and do mold remediation, sewer back flow restoration and air duct cleaning.

Richard Chavez, who owns the business with his father and brother, says they wouldn't be so successful if it not for the hard work of their employees.

"I think the great work we do can be attributed to the employees we have because they give their best efforts which allows us to have a quality product," he said.

To what do you attribute your win?

What sets us apart is the work that our employees do in restoration and cleaning.

What can people get from your service that they might not find elsewhere?

Our customers find our service reliable, something they can trust. With our experience and with our training, they've found that over the years, they can count on that.

What changes have you made in the past year?

One of the things we've added last year was heat drying in terms of the water restoration, which is a faster, more efficient way to dry. We have a drying trailer we use: Basically what that does is it produces heat to help wet structures dry out quickly. It's not common that everyone uses heat; dehumidifiers are more common and we use both, depending on what's needed.

What is the most rewarding aspect of what you do?

Whether we are cleaning or restoring someone's house or business, we get the genuine feeling that we are helping people, and that's a nice part of the business.

CHAVEZ RESTORATION AND CLEANING
Locations: 2400 S. Kansas Ave., (785) 232-3779, and 2925 S.E. Indiana, (785) 266-8142
Owners: Dan, Richard and Trinidad Chavez
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to noon Saturday; 24-hour service for emergency restoration
Years in business: 41
Web site: http://www.chavezrestoration.com

[iframe:2gfbj3g8]http://cjonline.com/stories/081008/bus_316872325.shtml[/iframe:2gfbj3g8]

Congrats, again!

Farenheit251

A couple of times I've met a cleaner from Chavez's area. Normally other cleaners a critical of competitors. But they both had nothing but good things to say.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Congratulations Chavez Restoration!!! That is awesome!! Good year for you, first the Jayhawks and now you guys!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I met Dan in Houston and just know Richard from this board and I can say that they are a couple of great guys even though Richard is a Bears fan!! :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Only in America can you make it big before your clothes dry.

admiralclean said:
Actually, I'm looking forward to the excitement.
Watching danny troll and harry condescend has become boring.

I think it's pretty obvious who the condescending toothless wonder is.

:roll:

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Hey Richard,

Congratulations to you and your entire family and Team Members!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this or not, but I've always greatly admired the Chavez operation. Your top notch service is legendary and reaches far beyond the Topeka/Larwence area.

Ivan

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't believe everything you read. I never spoke to them, it was Dan the interviewed. :lol:

Thanks Mark, how did you find that? You getting scary! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom