Best portable duct cleaning machine

Matt Mueller

Name
Matt Mueller
Thinking about adding duct cleaning to my business. Whats the best portable machine to get that has really high CFM?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm pretty sure that in order to really clean air ducts, you'll need one of these...

ToptectruckDC.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Whats the best portable machine

there ain't one
and if anyone showed up with a glorified shopvac to clean anything but my drier vent, I'd toss them off the porch

There are jobs we do that duct cleaning is part of the work scope.
I get contractor pricing from my local and add my 20%

I'd suggest you look into that if you want to add duct cleaning to your services

.L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I'm pretty sure that in order to really clean air ducts, you'll need one of these...

View attachment 89025
Overkill for residential. I dropped my crappy rotobrush setup and I subcontract a duct cleaning company that rolls in their system to be attached to the air handler in the house, which creates a negative air suction. Then they use the air whip hose to be fed through all the ducts. I've seen it work close up and it is very beneficial if you can't afford the truck above. The web attachment below isn't the exact model. It's just a good example of the machine I'm talking about.

But...too much is better than not enough. That's what I was thinking on my latest truckmount purchase. So go BIG! Screw that little machine I just suggested

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Abatement Technologies has really good ones. Very well designed, built on a chassis that makes moving it very easy. It also can be broken down for moving in tight spaces. 2500cfm with 25 foot of 8 inch flex hose.

Gas powered the Meyers Portavac is hard to beat.

Reactions: Matt Middleton

randy

Name
Randy
Call abatement, nitro and hypervac. Stay away from aircare, rotobrush and that ridiculous Ramair bullshit and Interlinks version of it.

Name
Matt Middleton
We have been in the duct cleaning business for the past 14 years. We run Abatement 2500 IV. Love the transportablity and maneuver ability. Coupled with high pressure/high volume 2 stage air compressor with many different type wipes and rods. It gets the job done right. We clean from the vent to the trunk line to the unit then the cold air returns.

In our part of the country a truckmount would not be a benefit. We see MANY HVAC units in the attic or crawl space. It is nice but rare to see the unit in a finished basement.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom