Best space heaters.....

MikeD00019

This is my first outright winter and I'm looking for the best space heater for my van. I have a garage but its not heated. Anybody with good advice and/or a quality heater they are happy with, just let me know. Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you're garage is attached to house, you'll probably be good with any 1500wt ceramic space heater

if you need an extension cord, be sure it's a 12gage wire cord and no longer than you need

go get some cheap thermometers too and set at various places on the "floor" of the van.
Then you'll know you're completely protected in all areas of the van

back up systems are wise too in case of power failures.
If no non electric back up syetem, in a pinch, you start the TM and let in run for 30 minutes or so, then shut it off.
The heat form a warned up TM will heat a van for some hours.
The cheap thermometers will tell you how long

It might save your bacon in a blizzard or ice storm power outage

..l.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Dont use the radiator oikl filled type. I did my first year and found out that it didnt warm the lower parts of the van (box truck), especially far from the heater. It ran continuously and all of the heat rose right up out the top of the truck. When I started using one with a fan, the air circulates around the truck, it is significantly warmer and the heater doesnt have to run all the time.

I picked one up at home depot. It is all metal. I think it is called a "shop heater" I'll find out when i get home.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
This is the one I am going to buy:

http://www.boatownersworld.ca/boatsafe/ ... eaters.htm

You guys can probably find them cheaper in the US.

They are NOT cheap, but I think the quality and safety they offer make them worthwhile. They are designed to run continuously for an entire season. Built in fan and thermostatic. Sealed cast aluminum heating coil. I like how can can install in any configuration.

My garage is attached and insulated with a room over the top, and my van is insulated, so I think one the 750 Watt ones will do the trick.

Name
Bruce
I have a 1500 wt , my van is in a detached building with no heat. If I'm running the truckmount everyday I don't turn the space heater on in the van unless it gets down to 30 degree's. Never had anything freeze in my van at that temp.

I set my my little heater for 50 degrees and it will not run all night, turns its self on and off. Nice getting into a warm van in the cold morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom