best stripper for tile

Cameron1

We have a client that allowed some Joker to put a high gloss sealer on her ceramic tile. There is a huge difference between the floor and backsplash (was not sealed) as far as the sheen goes. The tile is starting to scratch and peel (?)

What would be the best stripper (strongest) to use, and any idea on what may have been used or the logic behind it?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think the strongest would be prostrip by johnson diversy but if you can get you hands on shineline emulsifier by spartan it is good as well as bare bones by ncl or even ax-it by betco it has a very high ph and can almost strip the finish without a machine(always use a machine).

Ryan

dealtimeman said:
i think the strongest would be prostrip by johnson diversy but if you can get you hands on shineline emulsifier by spartan it is good as well as bare bones by ncl or even ax-it by betco it has a very high ph and can almost strip the finish without a machine(always use a machine).

Best stuff I've used...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Extreme from Betco is way better then teh AX-It. Extreme is the ONLY stripper I would use. It has been my favorite since the day it came out. Ax-IT is a decent stripper though and cost less but I like to work smart not hard :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I will PM you my phone number and tell you what to use and how to do it..much easier then typing it all...... ...I did a huge tile job today that took me 5 hours with the exact same situation and got every bit of it off for a fraction of the cost of all the other cleaners.................

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
These are the biggest nightmare jobs I've run into. Run is my advice. But then again, I never have the nads to charge enough for these type of jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom