Best Tool For Tile Cleaning Method

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
What is the best tool for tile cleaning?

Rotovac Tile attachmend
175 with brush
Spinner

I have a rotovac 360 and was thinking of purchasing the tile brush and ring. I also have a 175. My truckmount pressure pump maxes out at 1000 psi. What is the best option for me?

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
I'd stay away from the Rotovac 360 with the tile brush attachment. The vacuum head that surrounds it doesn't pick up nearly enough water.

Your best bet is probably the Turbo-Hybrid tool with your truck mount running at 800-1000 psi. There are times when you'll need to pre-scrub with a 175 or scrub brush, but it's a tough tool to beat as far as performance and ease of use goes. Turbo-Hybrid makes the best tile tool on the market, too.

F

FB7777

I'd stay away from the Rotovac 360 with the tile brush attachment. The vacuum head that surrounds it doesn't pick up nearly enough water.

Your best bet is probably the Turbo-Hybrid tool with your truck mount running at 800-1000 psi. There are times when you'll need to pre-scrub with a 175 or scrub brush, but it's a tough tool to beat as far as performance and ease of use goes. Turbo-Hybrid makes the best tile tool on the market, too.
Completely agree

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I'm looking for a little reading material on tile cleaning myself. Looks pretty straight forward, get a Turbo Hybrid 12in and a hand tool for corners, degrease, and clean. Just walk away after that? I see people talk about a grout sealer?

Why is the Turbo Hybrid better than the sx-15?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Because of its design, the second best is the sx-12 and sx15 but the turbo hybrid edged them both out easily and with out contest.

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
How does the Mytee Counter Style Spinner and 8902 T-Handle Spinner rank on the list? I found the pair on sale used for $600.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The most important thing to learn about TILE cleaning is to be able to detect existing coatings prior to giving a estimate.

Not enough is said or posted about this issue. Its the number one cause of heartburn and heartache from cleaners who get into this thinking its the easiest and most foolproof service they can render.

Thanks for bringing it up Mike.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Orange glow...mop and glow...wax....58 different kinds of topical "cleaners" that were applied...and not to mention the permanently discolored grout lines, that only reveal themselves as you clean it. You can scrub down to the subfloor and may not be able to "clean" that- to satisfactory results.

Pre-qualification is important...have some rubbing alcohol on hand and test for gumming up.
Be able to tell porcelain ceramic stone etc etc and what kind of stone...
Explain what could be a problem before doing anything... Don't try to explain afterwards -that's just excuses in the eyes of your customers.

Oh yeah the turbohybrid is the tool to have.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
As a newb to the tile cleaning racket you want to pre inspect all ceramic, porcelain and stone counters, floors or walls from many angles under different lighting conditions. Look for any shine or glare on the grout. Unless it's epoxy grout, there should be none what so ever. Bring a flash light, some spotting kits, a metal toothbrush, rags and a knife or razor to do your inspections.

If there is a coating, chances are it's a water based product like Zee mentioned, good news is that a simple VCT floor wax stripper will take it off. it wont be quick and easy but it will come off. If it's an epoxy or lacquer coating you'll want to pass at this point in your young career.

The point of this is, if you start cleaning a job that you priced out for a couple hours work, and all of a sudden because your high heat, high alkaline and high pressure methods are starting to remove an existing coating, YOU are now on the hook to get it all off. Which if you're not prepared equipment or chemically, could take days to a week to get it all off.

Last edited:

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Do test. There a lot of newer formulations using urethane or such that are stripable using standard chemicla strippers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom