best upholstry tools

Bjorn

uph001.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
the fact that you need to scrub that fabric with that gizmo proves what a POS that tool is.

Jim's class at MF will have loads of tools to get your fat fingers around.

I cleaned the nastiest sofas I have ever seen today. Two sofas, two chases, two ottomans, and two chairs. They weren't stained bad. There was just dog hair galore and pizza crusts and popcorn. It was nasty. I hate my tool. I am ready to upgrade. Just another great thing about Nashville.

I like the drimaster concept, but I really want an internal spray like the hydry with a glide on it. That would be an awesome tool. I guess the tool would need teflon lips not a glide.

Bjorn

little something I learned with the Paul Brown ride along a month ago
" the most important thing in upholstery cleaning is preconditioning the customer not the upholstery;

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
agitating a sofa is no different then doing it to a carpet, both improve results. we hand scrub with a horsehair brush and then white towel around the welting at the end. i hope the 55 dollar remark was an inside joke, if not i think you should raise ,raise your prices.

gene

Bjorn

no it was not a joke I need to raise my prices I only got 35 dollars for that cotton blend sofa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Using an orbital buffer on durable natural fiber fabrics and microfibers saves time and fatigue.

And that little gem in the picture costs less than most horsehair brushes (though the horsehair brush remains my favorite upholstery preconditioning tool by far).

Spend more time with brushes, buffers, towels, sponges, etc and less time with the extraction tool and you'll get better results, with less time, less fatigue, and less wetting of the fabric.

Ron K

We use the Hand Bonnet and a Bucket of Water for agitation it's easier to get dry or wetter depending on what you need.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
agitating a sofa is no different then doing it to a carpet, both improve results. we hand scrub with a horsehair brush and then white towel around the welting at the end. i hope the 55 dollar remark was an inside joke, if not i think you should raise ,raise your prices.
I like a horsehair brush also, but I can see where a small buffer like that might have saved my hand from a little arthritis. :wink:

Name
Nate W.
Doc Holliday said:
I like a horsehair brush also, but I can see where a small buffer like that might have saved my hand from a little arthritis. :wink:

I use that lil jiggler and it work good. It also vibrates the fat on my fingers. Makes them tingle. :lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Doc Holliday said:

That wasn't caused by scrubbing furniture, but by rocket polishing :shock:

Funny thing, a while back I posted about using a random orbit buffer on upholstery and got taken to task by some of the cheerleaders now. Funny world....

lance

Is that a cotton bonnet on the orbital? How long does it last? Where do you buy them?

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
Nate notice how it also works up your arm and down to your belly too?? :mrgreen:

Fat... I mean upholstery Jigglers annonymous!!

:lol: I need to get my fat a$$ into a gym. I'm almost as big as Danny..... :shock:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i would like a little scrubber that had a horse hair attachment, now that would be great. I'll have to fly out and take a class from you Mr. Pemberton you sound like you would be my kind of instructor.

gene

Name
Nate W.
GeneMiller said:
i would like a little scrubber that had a horse hair attachment, now that would be great. I'll have to fly out and take a class from you Mr. Pemberton you sound like you would be my kind of instructor.

gene

We had the old U.S. Products drill brush that was almost like a horsehair brush. The drill broke along time ago. I did see Gary Heacock have one in his trunk at MF. I don't know if they still make them or not.

Name
Nate W.
WJMorgan3 said:
lance said:
Is that a cotton bonnet on the orbital? How long does it last? Where do you buy them?

Anyone know the answer to the question?
Thanks,

I got the terry towel looking ones from Walmart. I dunno how long they last, but seems to be holding up well. They come in a package of 2.

dgargan

"no it was not a joke I need to raise my prices I only got 35 dollars for that cotton blend sofa"

Your kidding, right? $35 for a sofa?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I use John G's pads that I bought when I was going to try encap.
Becareful with the orbital on delicates or anything stretch tight, heavy use or old. It will tear around corners or just completely rip apart where the heavy wear areas are.

I like a good amount of prespray medium firm brush and a wall paper brush in the crevices and trim and extract superhot with the drymaster.

Cheap place to get brushes
http://www.horse.com/Medium-Horsehair-B ... erralID=NA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom