Best way to restore commercial carpet

Moser Bros.

I clean 99% residential, I have a 5000sqft jewelry store to clean this weekend, it hasn't been cleaned in over a year. I'm going to prescrub with my Cimex, then rinse with my titanium wand with a Greenie glide with high flow, then bonnet clean to prevent wicking. Then maintain it with encap every couple months if they agree to it.

How would you clean it, I'm was going to quote it at about .20 to .25 a sqft, I get .45 for residential, but I would like to clean their other stores, and I think owner I bought my carpet cleaning business charge them only .05 to .10 cents a sqft. but I think he just used a RX-20.

Greg Loe

Hey Moser! If it's real bad and you prescrub with the cimex and then extract, I'd finish with encap. Release-it and the cimex. I wouldn't post pad. That's just me

CleanEvo

I agree. I've done some nasty carpets with the truck mount that dried ugly and then Cimexed with Releasit after and they turned out really well.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lets see , you clean it with extraction and THEN spray out some SHAMPOO and grind it in?

Maybe a post extraction bonnet drying step but why add another chemical right after you clean? Think of washing your clothes, you wash and then dry them. Would YOU rub some SHAMPOO on them? Do a better job in the extraction portion.

You can always go back monthly and maintain it with a INTERIUM method like bonnet or the SHAMPOO method.

dallasdj

I'd vacuum really well and Cimex with Vac-A-Way ENC-DS or Hot Knife, and that's it for .20 or.25 per square.

I promise it'll look as good as all that other work with less effort.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You can maintain with encap, but I would not encap the inital cleaning.

Follow the plan you outlined, but if you are concerned about wicking you can post spray an encap product like Encapuguard as a final step instead of post padding. Good results and saves some time.

Scott Warrington

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, I agree a well. However, if you're using a hole glide on that wand, you really won't benefit much from the post padding. An extra drying pass should have the carpet drying within an hour and a half, and adding that bonnet pass is just another long step in an otherwise competitively priced process. 20 cents a s.f. should do it without the extra bonnet pass and the carpet will look fine.

If you're worried about the unseens, encap them out on the subsequent cleanings.

Greg Loe

when I do the post cimex with release-it, it's very very fast. It's not a cleaning pass it's an anti wicking thing. I do some extremely dirty(sand and dirt) places and this is the only thing I've found to work for me. The encap is also just done in the traffic lanes unless it's a big conference room.

good luck with what every you choose.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Two internet salesmen want you to SHAMPOO it so go figure?

DRScrivner

If you are going to HWE you can use Release It Punch and save time and not have wicking problems as long as you do REALLY good dry passes and use some fans.

Maybe you should try some side by side and see the results for yourself.

HWE some and Cimex/DS some.

Then you can make up your own mind and not be subject to "Internet Snake Oil Salesmen" of which Jimmy will quickly call me....wait for it....wait....I can feel it brewing....

R

rotorob

ORRR... you could default to carpet cleaning 101 and utilize a Certified Pile-Lifter prior to any/all suggestions, and really get the crud out, like your paid to. Hacks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom