Bidding janitorial

steve_64

We quoted $200.00 per cleaning 3 times a week for a library and this was the reply.

steve_64

Today she let us know she is taking our new offer to the board. $200 twice a week or $170 3 times a week. She's confident she can get one of those approved.

I'm dropping some restaurants since these janitorial jobs pay better and are less work.

This is above last years total and Genny found a few grand unpaid to this point too.

Also bidding a couple complexes in the $20,000 range each also.

I'm shooting for $250,000 even if it takes 5 more years but it could happen faster if we can find good help.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They want you and perhaps if you cut down the scope of work you can come to some agreeable middle ground.
It's tough when they want you like that. Hopefully you get it worked out.

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

They want you and perhaps if you cut down the scope of work you can come to some agreeable middle ground.
It's tough when they want you like that. Hopefully you get it worked out.
Once we get these places up to par its pretty quick and easy work to maintain.
This place is a good 20 minute drive which is far for us so we include that in our bid.

I can see us picking up an easy $50 grand of other places I know if we can secure the right employees.and that's just a couple places i know where the janitorial isn't being done well.

I've had people wanting me to bid these jobs for years but turned them away. But Genny wanted me to build something she can run if something happens to me because of my heart issues so this is the direction I want to keep going now.

Maybe I can reach a million a year before I retire or die.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
When i offer targeted cleaning method, i always land jobs. Price is lower as a result. I make the expectation clear, if they want it cleaner they would have to pay an extra. So far the arrangements works well because i clean as needed basis. They all like that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Janitorial is easy work and there is big demand for good, honest companies.

The problem is when you grow beyond those you know and trust. It is another ball game when you have to hire outsiders and trust them.

I hear it all the time where the cleaning staff stole something. Pick your employees wisely, check their background. Look at their social media to confirm you want them.

steve_64

We have been learning this. Can't trust your friends neither. Had someone stealing designer sunglasses.

We have 2 honest people with us now pretty sure but both only want part time. Yep hiring is going to get scary but we have to learn how soon. Been shopping workman comp too. Setting up simple IRA and things like that too. Starting to take this serious for a change lol.Ok for Genny.

Owner of Servpro just told me the hospital is taking bids. New manager hired a friend and it went downhill. Friends company filed bankruptcy.

We will do good here if we can figure out the employee problem.

steve_64

When i offer targeted cleaning method, i always land jobs. Price is lower as a result. I make the expectation clear, if they want it cleaner they would have to pay an extra. So far the arrangements works well because i clean as needed basis. They all like that.
Once we catch things up we always add on as we go. We never reveal that but as it gets cleaner other areas stand out as well so we just do the extras to make our work look better.

Reactions: JohnHawkP and DAT

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Once we get these places up to par its pretty quick and easy work to maintain.
This place is a good 20 minute drive which is far for us so we include that in our bid.

I can see us picking up an easy $50 grand of other places I know if we can secure the right employees.and that's just a couple places i know where the janitorial isn't being done well.

I've had people wanting me to bid these jobs for years but turned them away. But Genny wanted me to build something she can run if something happens to me because of my heart issues so this is the direction I want to keep going now.

Maybe I can reach a million a year before I retire or die.
I do a lot of carpet cleaning in strata condos. Most of them the janitorial sucks, especially the vacuuming. I see a lot of cleaners using flat floor tools instead of beater bars. Look behind the fire doors and find a pile of dust. Easy work and I think it can be quite profitable.

steve_64

I do a lot of carpet cleaning in strata condos. Most of them the janitorial sucks, especially the vacuuming. I see a lot of cleaners using flat floor tools instead of beater bars. Look behind the fire doors and find a pile of dust. Easy work and I think it can be quite profitable.
Cleaning behind doors is very basic. Can't do that then wtf.

What we find is nothing gets moved so dust accumulates in non conspicuous places and nobody cleans lime buildup. Windows and mirrors are smudged or streaked. And yes proper vacuuming.

Carpet cleaning has lead to these accounts. Do a good job and many will want more. It was my entrance to everything we do now.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
me too
done enough (handful of doctor's offices) to know I hate janitorial ..it's easy work.... but damn I hated it
...and the hours sucked

if we can secure the right employees

g'luck with that.
I know I'm not the only one that hates jansan.
and when one can make the same money at Wendy's or Dollar General , the pool of prospects for jansan workers that don't have "personal problems" is pretty thin

..at least this far north of the boarder anyway

..L.T.A.

Name
Matt Ross
It's no different than carpet cleaning. There are plenty of rug stickers that make 35k a year. There are janitors who do poor quality or sell themselves short just the same. I found the hole in the market in my area and I work less than 80 percent of carpet cleaners on here and make into the 6 figures. Yes I have a strange market and have absolutely maxed out my profit. I have awsome employees who I pay very fairly, I have the best contracts in the county, and do the best work. It's no different than some of you high end carpet guys. Find the ones willing to pay, differentiate yourself from the rest, be honest and work hard. Pays fine for me.

Jon

We quoted $200.00 per cleaning 3 times a week for a library and this was the reply.
View attachment 87032
View attachment 87031
We do a lot of office cleaning/janitorial......There is negotiations on 30-40% of the accounts that we have. We are always a little higher than most, not everyone but we are really good at getting the other prices & feeling them out. Then make our decision on dropping the price or not

steve_64

We do a lot of office cleaning/janitorial......There is negotiations on 30-40% of the accounts that we have. We are always a little higher than most, not everyone but we are really good at getting the other prices & feeling them out. Then make our decision on dropping the price or not
I've found that by bidding what I want which is usually high these days especially on janitorial that yes they will give you the info you need to get the job if they want you. We have also built a good reputation in the area. Some of these bids like this one I've already cleaned some carpets there. That call was a referal from the other library I've been cleaning carpets for.

We really don't have a lot of free time anymore so our prices have gone up for new work. This way we can drop less desirable accounts if we can't find the right employees.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We don’t do any #bid work anymore. If someone is taking bids, we’re not interested. Our accounts don’t #bid us out. The only negotiation on our price is the amount of service they want. But they use us for everything. It’s a great 401k

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Just found out we got it. Twice a week for $200 a trip. Its what we actually wanted. Fills in the gaps for our week.

Hired 2 more people recently but one has already missed a day.

The other is Riley a 17 yo young man who may work out ling term if I can work him enough. He's a client's nephew.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just found out we got it. Twice a week for $200 a trip. Its what we actually wanted. Fills in the gaps for our week.

Hired 2 more people recently but one has already missed a day.

The other is Riley a 17 yo young man who may work out ling term if I can work him enough. He's a client's nephew.
Living the life of Riley.

steve_64

Got another apartme t complex and did the first one today. Hired Rileys brother and fired another guy yesterday. Got another close of friend of rileys who wants to work too.

Also bidding the painting for this complex which would add another 20 to 30 grand on top of the 20 grand or more for cleaning.

Maintenance guy in charge is blown away by the quality of work we performed.

Still waiting on a couple other large housing. Complexes to call too.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Also bidding the painting for this complex which would add another 20 to 30 grand on top of the 20 grand or more for cleaning.

then you're prob'ly not charging enough for painting

what are you getting for CC'ing a 2 bed rm unit ?
$120-150?
and another $250-$300 for general cleaning?

a 2 bed town house is an $850+ paint job to do it "right"

.L.T.A.

steve_64

then you're prob'ly not charging enough for painting

what are you getting for CC'ing a 2 bed rm unit ?
$120-150?
and another $250-$300 for general cleaning?

a 2 bed town house is an $850+ paint job to do it "right"

.L.T.A.
Haven't bid it yet but I agree it should be $800 but I think That's too high. They supply paint and I will send my brother out to do it. Was thinking $600.

Last cleaner was $80 an apartment. We are $275. Carpets $120.

And everything can have extra charges when needed.

And I didn't do the math on the possibilities. I guessed on what o thought was the low side.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom