bidding non for profit

Dave K

Name
David Krienke
How do you guys feel when having to bid non for profits. do you charge way below your rate or what should i feel think about when bidding.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How do you guys feel when having to bid non for profits. do you charge way below your rate or what should i feel think about when bidding.
Unless it's a personal favorite of yours, charge normal rates. I have a couple that I do one job for free once a year. They give me other work the rest of the year at regular price.

Reactions: Dave K

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
If your willing to charge less than your normal rates, then just do it for free. Unless you have to front more than you want. You’ll probably feel better. For me anyway. It’s a mind F.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
If they have an administration and other employees that are getting paid, you deserve your wages also. Non-profit just means that after all expenses are paid they aren't making any money. Expenses include utilities, rent, and administration cost. So they operate like most O/O carpet cleaning businesses.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They called you for a service so you should expect to be paid.

See what kind of car the owner has and adjust accordingly .

2019 Mercedes Benz charge more
1975 Ford Pinto charge less

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I clean a complex that is owned by a Non-Profit. This place is transitional housing for people getting off the streets and drugs. They would give me the sob story about how much they help people and how tight their cleaning budget is. Okay, so I gave them a little discount on the first couple of cleanings.

Then it happened. My mental turning point. The cream started floating back to the bottom. I show up and the place looked like a crime scene. Then while i'm unrolling my hoses some deadbeat comes up to me and says, "Look at all these hoses. I hope I don't trip and sue you for millions". From that point on I stopped discounting my work for them.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Real charity work is not advertised nor an opportunity to show everybody a selfie............post your accolades on facebook or misuse for YOUR benefit.

It is to be done quietly , without fanfare.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Real charity work is not advertised nor an opportunity to show everybody a selfie............post your accolades on facebook or misuse for YOUR benefit.

It is to be done quietly , without fanfare.
Except when we are doing it as a social event like a Mikey's Fest. It's not about bragging about cleaning a RMH. It's about cleaners coming together for a common cause, having a good time, learning things from others and actually having done a good thing at the same time.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There are a lot of different designations of non-profit. Most have a good purpose, obey the rules and are run by unpaid volunteers. All of them can pay staff millions of dollars a year if they want and they're allowed to have large cash reserves.

Not for profits (different from non-profit) are often set up by businesses to be fronts for their political/industry actions or a cause that will benefit the behind the front businesses.

I'd charge normal rates and then give them a donation if you like their cause.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
peee-azzzz

Non profit doesn't mean they're not allowed to make money .

Non-profit just means that after all expenses are paid they aren't making any money.

don't believe that's accurate, Andy
Non profit orgs can make a profit .
They can have investment portfolios and assets

They can't spend profits anywhere and how they want like a private biz
That's what's regulated

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You guys should listen to Larry.
After all, before he switched to dry wall hanging, wasn't his CC business run the non profit way for years? :winky:

Hey Larry, how's everybody in WhooooopChuck doing?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wasn't his CC business run the non profit way for years?

truthfully, my pricing was on high end of average Ofer
$150 gross pr hour was the norm w/2 man crew

Just found the overhead lower, and easier to find acceptable workers to do re-ready/rehabs, remodels and house flips

I was able to make more while physically working less hours

and I like the work better than CC'ing

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I had no doubt Larry. You ain't no sucker.

Just having some fun and since Desky (aka Dick Jockey) was not available and Jimmy refused to meet me at my bus station of choice, I thought- Why not at Larry's expense? :winky:

Can you blame me?

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
since Desky (aka Dick Jockey) was not available

mention that Prochem chic Laura's name and he'll come a runnin'

Jimmy refused to meet me at my bus station of choice,

he's skeert this guy will be at the SanFran bus stop

..L.T.A.

Latest posts